What do these teams have in common?

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
1-At least for the first series of 2007, Mets, Pirates, Twins, and Angels all sweept the opposition.

2-What the Cardinals, Astros, Orioles, and Rangers have in common? Look to #1.

Out of these 4 teams that were swept this week, the one that looks the worse are the defending champions St. Louis Cardinals. Their offense is so animic that you can only count on two players (Pujols & Rolen) to deliver the big blow. But when Pujols & Rolen are not delivering in the offense department, the Team looks like a team that will have a long summer of frustrations for St. Louis Fans.

The Astros are a weird team because it may look like they have what it takes to compete. Lidge has not been able to get Pujols home run out of his mind.

Orioles are the Orioles.

Rangers -- I expect them to be better than what they shown so far.

1-At least for the first series of 2007, Mets, Pirates, Twins, and Angels all sweept the opposition.

2-What the Cardinals, Astros, Orioles, and Rangers have in common? Look to #1.

Out of these 4 teams that were swept this week, the one that looks the worse are the defending champions St. Louis Cardinals. Their offense is so animic that you can only count on two players (Pujols & Rolen) to deliver the big blow. But when Pujols & Rolen are not delivering in the offense department, the Team looks like a team that will have a long summer of frustrations for St. Louis Fans.

The Astros are a weird team because it may look like they have what it takes to compete. Lidge has not been able to get Pujols home run out of his mind.

Orioles are the Orioles.

Rangers -- I expect them to be better than what they shown so far.

spoken like a met fan. we looked pertty good in the NLCS last year, diddnt we!!
although, i must agree we suck so far, was at the first two games, we hit into 6 dp!! that sucks. worse yet our staff ace will miss his next start, elbow stiff.
but hey, its early.

spoken like a met fan. we looked pertty good in the NLCS last year, diddnt we!!
although, i must agree we suck so far, was at the first two games, we hit into 6 dp!! that sucks. worse yet our staff ace will miss his next start, elbow stiff.
but hey, its early.

I hope the Cards get back to winning. I know it is early and they are still 159 game to play. Carpenter will be ok according to the reports I heard this morning from ESPN. He is going to miss one start but it is not more serious than that. I thought Looper looked fine in first start. These games although the Mets won them all, were close. St. Louis could have won game 1 or 2 or both if the ball was inches away from those double plays. The Mets played magnificent defense and I think this killed St. Louis from getting any rally going.

The Rangers will always have the same problem: Pitching.

Tom Hicks has no clue how to draw interest from pitchers except to use us to hike their value more (ala Zito).

geez, didn't the fish sweep their first series in the first year without joe girardi era? oh, that's right they played the expos/nationals!!

reds: 2-1 against the cubbies!

Spary always said :
Give me 40 games and I 'll have a good idea what we have .... or was it 20 games ?
Anyways, it's way too early to worry about any teams start.

Jimbo

Every team wins 50 games and every team loses 50 games, it's what you do with the other 62 that determins if your a winner or a loser.

I expect the Angels to lead the West all year. The Rangers will be OK, but not as good as the Angels, especially at the Big A.

It is a bit early. onr thing that you can count on is that after all 162 games are played there will not be any undefeated teams or any teams at 0-162.

Teh Cards put ona prety good offensive show today. that si too good a team tos atay at the bottom. Making projections ased on 3 games is pretty silly.

I have also seen the Cards have the best start in all of MLB, only to see it fall apart by the middle of the season and not even get into post-season play. I'll take a slow start, and a winning season.

of course its still early, but after droping 3 to the mets the cards went 5 and 1 and will come home for a a 6 game home stand in FIRST palce! if your watching tonights game look for me, i will wave to you.( i will be wearing red)

of course its still early, but after droping 3 to the mets the cards went 5 and 1 and will come home for a a 6 game home stand in FIRST palce! if your watching tonights game look for me, i will wave to you.( i will be wearing red)

They are tied for first with Cincinnati and Milwaukee. Cincy won today so they are in first for the moment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)