What do you gain with a bandstacked lnbf?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Dishman Dan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 22, 2008
N/A
I was thinking of doing a few changes on my BUD and got thinking about bandstacked lnbfs. What do you gain by using a bandstacked lnbf??? Sadoun has some deals on B1SAT Eagle Aspen lnbfs. I am currently running a dmx741 and was thinking of doing a dual output C band lnbf and using a 1m dish for Ku.

easier distribution to multiple receivers, higer voltage and longer cable runs. Is why Dish uses them

The B1 is inexpensive, so why not get one and experiment with it?
It's not the only bandstacked C-band unit I've read about, but the only one readily available in North America (that I've noticed).
I'm sure Tron will be on later and can offer encouragement for you.
He uses one in his setup.

I'm pretty sure a C2 from SatelliteAV will outperform your 741 on C-band alone.
It's not expensive either.
You can hook it to a multiswitch for distribution to several receivers.
There are drawings in the Switches Simplified FAQ to help you.

Probably the best results come from a C-band-only ortho mode feedhorn and two decent LNBs.
That could set you back $75 to $200 , plus a multiswitch .
Few months ago, we had a nice thread on orthos with all the why's and how's.
If you want to go that route (it's not hard) and can't find the discussion, I'll look it up for ya.

What size dish are we talking about, and what programs are we looking to get?

What size dish are we talking about, and what programs are we looking to get?

Currently I have a 10' Channel Master set up and looking to get everything possible! :D

I had a deep Winegard Pinnacle set up but had issues with its shape catching wet lake effect snow too often. I was hoping to have her set up again this summer but my farm was stagnate on any expansion. A DSR4810 commercial receiver was added to my lineup and I will be playing with that this winter. I never really spent much time "channel surfing" and need to explore more to see what is up there! ;)

I did miss out on the only 12' dish in my area (And the only one I ever found!) to a scrapper last year. :mad:

Last edited:
B1SAT Eagle Aspen lnbfs. i just looked them up. very interesting!!

What switch would be best to hook up 16 of them? for about 3 openboxes?

the nice thing is you can use a stock satellite splitter on them to run 4 receivers if you want.

The bad is you need 2 LNB LO's (5150/5750) and some receivers wont support that so then one polarity is off by 600mhz. Back when most of the stuff was on H that was no biggie. Set to 5750 and H would be fine. If you leave it at 5150 then everything on horizontal will be 600 mhz lower

the nice thing is you can use a stock satellite splitter on them to run 4 receivers if you want.

heh, i just spent an hour searching out that very thing. i am missing something easy cause all i can seem to see is dp stuff that powers all the lnbs all the time? Then i tried to find anoles diagrams and drew another blank. guess i am just wupped from work today.
If you use one receiver, its easy to do 16 lnbs. What splitter are your refering too?

edit; finally found the drawings, still no luck though

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)