What do you think if Apple tried to buy Dish Network!?!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

risbell

Original poster
Jan 6, 2005
Florence, Alabama
Just read this article, and thought it would be a great topic for a discussion.

I tried to post web site but it wouldn't let me. So anyway, what do you say, yay or nay?

I used to be a Apple hater. Expensive. I now have a I Pad and a I Phone. But they're stuff works and is user friendly. My latest PC is acting up. It will be replaced with a Apple. I am fortunate that I can afford it.

No more PC's for me. Even though I can afford it, I don't like paying their prices. But I will bite the bullet and buy something I know I can depend on for a long time and my family can enjoy.

How can Apple buy DISH? They were bought by Verizon, oh wait never happened, ok they merged with Directv, uh, no. But DISH did buy Tmobile..... ok wrong info again. I'll wait for Swanni to announce the Apple takeover then I know it will be true. :popcorn

IMHO, the author is of it & just data mining for site clicks (and, it's working). They would almost certainly have to retain Charlie and I can't fathom him in the Apple "my way or the highway" ecosystem for 5 minutes.

Just read this article, and thought it would be a great topic for a discussion.

I tried to post web site but it wouldn't let me. So anyway, what do you say, yay or nay?
TOtlrSN.gif

i really don't see Apple buying Dish out as Apple is trying to compete with Netflix, Hulu, Amazon and Google for a streaming service and for the Over The Top Box market, Apple's in a battle with Roku, Amazon Fire and Google Chromecast as well as several Blu-Ray players with built in internet access (whether it's from a Ethernet plug or Wi-Fi).

Dish will most likely merge with a cable company, phone company, or a media company buy them out before Apple does.

There were too many errors in that posting anyways. The author has no clue how to separate Echostar and Dish, and I Guaran-Damn-Tee Charlie would never sell echostar. It would be against his best judgement and would leave him zero leverage in the poker game of business.

Reactions: satjay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts