What does a Cable Splitter do? How can I tell if I set it up right?

Are you talking about a SEPARATOR that splits the sat line for two tuners (in one receiver)?

I setup my Dish HD reciever and can't tell if I set up the cable splitter right?
Think of the cable splitter like a garden hose with a Y adapter. One hose goes into the Y adapter and 2 hoses come out each carries less water at lower pressure because the one incoming line is now split into 2 streams but you can water 2 spots at the same time.

What is a cable splitter? How do you set it up right?

I setup my Dish HD reciever and can't tell if I set up the cable splitter right? All I want to do is hook up my dish hd reciever to the wall and tv. Just one tv. I want to get the most crisp clear picture as possible

Threads merged. Please do not create multiple threads on the same topic. Thanks!

You should not be using a cable splitter at all to install a receiver. Switches and separators might have a role but nota simple splitter. If you describe what you are trying to do with it we can provide more INFORMATION.

Which receiver do you have?

A dual tuner receiver should have a SEPERATOR on the back of it to seperate the two stacked bands of signal from the lnb's.

Feeding a single TV from any receiver should have NO cable splitters in the system, they will degrade yout signal strength out of the receiver not make it better.

You have only postulated a situation to us, not detailed what your system looks like.

Please detail what you have from the dish to the TV and everything in between.

Given that we have no idea how your system is setup, we cannot offer any more intelligent help than you already have.

You need a tech to come fix your stuff. Your question is too vague and you knowledge of satellite systems too limited. Do your self a favor and GET A TECH.

Once again, too many cooks in the kitchen and they don't know what they are cooking. OP ditched, so we can't help him. Next Recipe...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)