What does DISH charge

ac1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 19, 2011
joplin, mo
To come out and change the TVs in your house that are connected to the dish? I am going from 4 TVs to 2 and of course I want One TV from each receiver currently in use on the one receiver when I am done. Does the protection plan help with this?

To come out and change the TVs in your house that are connected to the dish? I am going from 4 TVs to 2 and of course I want One TV from each receiver currently in use on the one receiver when I am done. Does the protection plan help with this?

It would be the normal tech visit cost ($95 with out protection plan, $15 with) and a $50 custom work order charge.

If it were us we'd charge the full service call since you do not have a warranty issue. For some reason Dish will cover EVERYTHING when the customer wants something done even if it is not warranty. Drives retailers crazy.

If they were going to charge full price I would think long and hard about canceling altogether. I am trying to save the $17 a month but I need to switch the TVs around.

I thought you could ship back extra receives for free. If I were you, I'd just rewire the receivers (if necessary) myself. It's not rocket science.

Is this because the tech would take the extra receiver when he/she left and the sub would not have to ship it back?
The only time there is a charge to return a receiver is if you no longer have a DISH account. If you disable a receiver we would send out a box and a label to return the receiver. If he had a tech out to do this, the tech would return the receiver.

I know the customer doesn't want to pay for it but somebody does. If there is not a problem with your equipment then why should a company have to cover the cost because they want to make a change. Labor needs to be paid for.

I suggest deactivating the receivers yourself and have Dish mail you empty boxes so you can send them back. You should be able to hook your TVs up yourself or with the help of us on here.

I have never really done anything like rewiring but I will check into it.
Unless you are moving tv's, there would be little need to rewire. If you are moving tv's to rooms where there is no wiring, then rewiring would be necessary. The effort involved would depend on the home and where the wires currently go (ie could you just reroute wires passing to another room).

Is TV2 currently connected to a 3rd TV that's going away? If so, you just need to duplicate that setup, or rather move it over, to the TV you want to keep that's currently hooked up to your surplus receiver.

ac1, Dish offers the service you want for around $65 (with protection plan) as stated. If you are not comfortable doing it yourself, have them do it. Installers have their opinion, and from their viewpoint I understand. But you and I are not installers, we pay Dish, and if they offer that service why not use it if you need it. If installers are not paid enough for their services, that is between Dish and them.

I just want to move my HD receiver TV2 to another room that has a TV hooked up to my other receiver.
What receivers do you have? If the 2nd receiver is an hd receiver, all you would need to do is connect the hdmi or component outs to the TV. If this isn't the case, please give us some more info.

I have a 625 and a 722k. I want to keep the 722k. I want to move the second TV on the 722k from one room to another. The room where I want the second 722k TV now has the second 625 TV. The wires for this run under house I think. So I would have to be able to get under the house and move the wiring?

So I would have to be able to get under the house and move the wiring?
Nobody with zero knowledge of how your equipment was actually wired can possibly answer that question. But in general there is a central location, e.g. the ground block, where all the cables are connected. It might be possible to swap the cables around and do what you want without venturing under the house.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts