What does "standard professional installation for 4 tvs" include?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The installer should do what the agreement says which is wire 4 rooms. That IS what he is being paid to do. ANd if he doesnt feel he is paid enough he should hit the road and find a different job. Otherwise he is cheating the customer. If it were me and he refused to do the work I would be on the phone immediately telling the satellite company about their subcontractor who refuses to honor the agreement.

Only for two twin tuners or four receivers!!!

One twin tuner installs get two rooms - per agreement. More tvs/rooms are extra charge.

fred

The installer should do what the agreement says which is wire 4 rooms. That IS what he is being paid to do. ANd if he doesnt feel he is paid enough he should hit the road and find a different job. Otherwise he is cheating the customer. If it were me and he refused to do the work I would be on the phone immediately telling the satellite company about their subcontractor who refuses to honor the agreement.
The customer is responsible to provide televisions for each location of the install, the sales reps ask ( atleast they are supposed to ) the customer if there is a tv at each location. If the technician arives on site and there is say 2 out of 4 tvs there for a 4 room install then he does have the option to modify the work order or reschedule it. If you order a 4 room install and I get there and theres only 1 tv then your out of luck as I will reschedule your install and theres nothing you can do about it because the company will back me up on the decision.

I so fully agree, if a customer orders a 4 room system, then they need to have 4 tv's, one at every location. The one thing I hated about working for Dish is the customers that order a 1 room system and when you show up, they change their mind to a 4 room and me as an installer having 2 more 4 room installs to do in the same day. And you would think that the customer would be understanding about the whole situation, but nope, they get on the phone with dish and complain. But to get back on track, when I installed, my moddo was easy, either have a tv to hook up to or you don't get hooked up.

I've taken chances a time or two without tv, done had the trouble calls. Not worth it, my remote don't work, I can't figure out how to program it, whats this 60? What's air mode? The installer didn't show me anything...... on and on... anyhow....

You order two room system, it'll get wired for two rooms, not four. I will most likely have the smarts to run an extra cable to the ground block so the next guy doesn't have to get out a ladder or dig another 140' trench. :)

Uhhh...I declare a major point of contention with the wall fish statement. Show me where it states it's free. Depending on the retailer, DNS office, and/or RSP that is custom work, and as such is paid as such.

If the wall is fishable, (i.e. no fireblocks) it is part of a standard install for DNS. I can't speak for RSPs. And I know retailers charge, because I used to work for one.

I don't know how much clearer this can be made to you. The installer is paid PER ROOM (unless he's a DNS tech, which case he's paid hourly) Up to 4 rooms means exactly that. UP TO. This means if you order a 1 room system, you are going to get 1 room wired. He's not going to wire 3 other rooms that you had not ordered service for. It's a very simple concept. He's only going to wire 4 rooms if you ORDER 4 TUNERS! This is almost as frustrating as the people who order a 625, 211, 311, and want the 625 and 211 in the same room and then bitch about why they're only now getting 3 rooms instead of 4. "The ad says 4 rooms! I want my 4 rooms!" "But sir, 4 rooms is based on 1 tuner per room. You can't have unlimited tuners in each room." "I don't care it says 4 rooms and I want my 4 rooms, damnit!"

Dinkus.

:mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)