What does the 211 come with?

Spatch

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 15, 2004
Northeast, PA
I am getting a 211 installed on Sunday. It is repacing my 811 which I have hooked up with component cables. Will the 211 the installers bring have the correct wires to hook it up? I plan on unhooking the 811 tonight and putting all the parts aside that I will be returning to Dish. I just need to know if I need to leave the component or if I will get new ones.

How would they install a new setup for a person if it doesn't come with they required cables? The unit is comming with the installers not from dish directly.

The installers get the same package as when Dish ships it to you. Some people have gotten component cables inside the box, but most people don't. There doesn't seem to be any ryme or reason for it...

As an installer I've seen both. With and without cables. Honestly, the best thing I would recommend is to buy your cables ahead of time. If you like what the installer brought, then simply return the cables for a refund.

webbydude said:
As an installer I've seen both. With and without cables. Honestly, the best thing I would recommend is to buy your cables ahead of time. If you like what the installer brought, then simply return the cables for a refund.
You already have the 811 that you are replacing hooked up with component cables, use them. If the 211 comes with component cables you can put them with the 811. I don't think DISH requires that you return the cables with the 811, just the receiver and remote go back.:)

my 211 came with the component cables today. I tried using Monster cable I had, and it didn't work. Hooked up the cable it comes with, and it worked fine!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts