what does the 5 LNB dish look like

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

houselog442

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 21, 2005
Titusville, FL
I read that people on here have read instructions on the new mpgeg 4 directv h20 reciever saying that it needs a 5 LNB dish. Does anyone have a picture of what that dish looks like?

mpg4at593hc.gif

houselog442 said:
thats kind of neat, i guess the satellites are so close together that they can be picked up on on one LNB

It seems it's actually 3 lnbs in one housing, it's all about the way the surface area of the dish itself is designed.

Well, I didn't use/nor really mean the word special, what I meant is that the 3-in-one lnb must have a dish that has the right angles and focal points to get all 3 on that, and pull in 2 others, really, the shape/angles are special on any dish, you can't just throw a peice of metal behind a lnb and hope the signals intersect in the right places (which I'm sure you know), even moreso if you're trying to pull in 5 diferent satellites, while still making the dish small enough to not scare off prospective customers (well, hopefully).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts