What does the 622 come with?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

iafirebuff

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2006
Waterloo, Iowa
I have not been able to find this out, but does the 622 come with comp video cables? I have an install/upgrade in a few weeks and want to have everything ready. Thanks!

When I opened my box there were no component or HDMI cables, only some cheap composite audio/video, S-video, and RG6 patch cables. Check with an on-line source like www.monoprice.com and have a set of whatever you want in hand when the installer arrives in case he has nothing with him except composite. I would connect both component and HDMI if your system is capable and make a comparision for yourself. You will also need an optical (Toslink) cable from the 622 to your audio system to enjoy DD5.1...

The 622 come with Component Video cable, Composit Video Cable, RCA Audio Cable, RF Cable, 25ft phone Cord, Dish Plus Seperator with two short RG6 cable attached, RF Remote Antenna, Two Remote Controllers and 8 lousy AAA batteries.
There is no HDMI cable or DVI adapter.

I see that Sadoun has good prices on component cables with the RCA brand. Those are decent cables and I think you can get 6' or 12' ones for $10-$15. But his HDMI cables are somewhat pricier.

Monoprice is always dirt cheap, and their HDMI cables are pretty nice. Especially the 24AWG ones. They also have some good component cables, but I wouldn't go with their cheapest ones. Their connectors look low quality.

They include a HDMI to DVI cable?

That's a wield one.

They should include HDMI to HDMI and then also provide a HDMI to DVI adapter, in case your TV is DVI.

Pretty lucky to get all of those cables, even if they are fairly low-cost cables.

I got both of those sets when I got my 942. The component cables are fairly heavy with okay connectors. But they probably paid about $5-$6 for them. They have nickle-plated connectors. I did use them for a while and they worked fine ... but I eventually needed longer cables.

One thing that Dish should also throw in with the Receiver is :

liquigels_left.gif
:p

Component Cables

When I called to order the 622, the customer service rep said the installer would furnish component cables. When the installer arrived yesterday, he said component cables have not been included in the box for 8 months. I then dialed customer service back and had them talk to the installer. They told the installer there should be component cables and the installer insisted that they haven't been included in the box for 8 months. He said that this issue comes up repeatedly and yet it never gets resolved. :confused:

Dish is mailing me a set of cables. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)