What does the NFL Network have to offer?

pjm8047

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 27, 2004
syracuse,ny
I see alot of preseason games on the channel but when the regular season starts all the games will be on CBS,FOX, ESPN and ABC. So what does the NFL Network have to offer?

It's a channel about the NFL.

It's not really supposed to be a mainstream channel or deserving of all the hoopla that others have been screaming over. Pretty much similar to the purpose of NBA-TV, but it is right for Dish to be providing it nonetheless

But NBA TV has games on there channel. Dish really needs to get the NFL season ticket. I know that Directv is the only one that can carry it but $$$$ all was talks.

It offers a very comprehensive review of every game, on a pre and post game basis. Coaches' interviews, players' interviews, etc.

They do show replays of some games.

pjm8047 said:
But NBA TV has games on there channel. Dish really needs to get the NFL season ticket. I know that Directv is the only one that can carry it but $$$$ all was talks.

Not true, every cable provider has been after this deal for years, I had heard at one point that one or more tried to take legal action against direct for creating a monopoly but Im sure its just cable urban legend. Either way everyone wants it but the nfl is resistant to changes evidently.

Van said:
Not true, every cable provider has been after this deal for years, I had heard at one point that one or more tried to take legal action against direct for creating a monopoly but Im sure its just cable urban legend. Either way everyone wants it but the nfl is resistant to changes evidently.

Direct paid an ungodly amount of billions in order to have exclusive rights to carry Sunday Ticket, so how could someone sue if they weren't willing to outbid the idiots, I'm sorry, the people at Direct? They have the whole NFL thing over there for like $300 for the season or something obscene like that, (I'm just guessing here, I really don't know how much they are having to charge each sub to try and break even) so if you want all the football games, that's were you will have to go.

i bevile you see most if not all the NFL Europe games on the nfl network i could be wrong i just got the nfl network a few weeks ago i read that on the internet

No use arguing about it. D* has it locked up for the next 5 years.

I believe a new sub to NFL:ST who wants HD must pay $318 for the year.

There's a good chance it will go higher next year as D*'s annual expenses for carrying it go up substantially next year.

NFL network has been replaying this week's preseason games ad-nauseum all weekend...even a superbowl recap (in an hour) aired.

They are on 24/7 but their shows probably take up about 8 hours and are looped for the most part. It's sort of like ESPN or more specifically, ESPNnews. Overnight you'll see all the shows just loop every few hours.

For ANYONE who enjoys NFL football, this is great, period. When week 9 rolls around and ESPN only spends a few minutes a day on football, it'll be nice to turn on NFL network and get real coverage of the sport. And to my knowledge, it's not costing me any more money to have it, so no complaints here.

He's saying NFL network will result in us paying more effective feb. 1st...

I don't know what he's basing that on though, maybe he'll share...

I'm basing it on past history. This channel is not "free". It cost Dish money. More money that 4 or 5 other channels I'd rather see put together. This means that for right now, the margin on AT120 has been deminished. This means that Dish will have to make it up some how if they wish to keep their margin.

Keep in mind that my initial comment was really a joke. But the price of AT120 will be going up a buck in February. Count on it.

See ya
Tony

How mant Full game replays does the NFL network offer during the regular season?
no it does not but it does a review of 2 games each week

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts