What equipment I will need in Fresno,Ca

Soccernut

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 19, 2004
Fresno,ca
Now that I'm working again I'm hopping to get back to Dish Network that I was forced to cancel back on Oct 2011. I have moved to Fresno. This won't happen till I know if they will have the 2 Bein Sports channels.
What dish, switch, etc would I need if I order 2 Hoppers and a Joey? DSL is hard wired for both already.
There's a Directv dish on my roof, will the Dish Network dish fit on the same bracket pipe?
The Programing I like is Mid cost regular channel package, locals and the Brazilian package.
It seems thal all the spanish locals are in HD, but no Azteca channel at all, Is that correct?

Sorry for asking so many questions, thanks in advance.

Last edited:
you should get a 1000.2 western arc dish with 3 lines run to a duo node for 2 hoppers

it might fit on the direct mount depending which dish is there now, they used several different mount sizes

you should get a 1000.2 western arc dish with 3 lines run to a duo node for 2 hoppers

it might fit on the direct mount depending which dish is there now, they used several different mount sizes

The locals are on 129, internationals on 118, I'm not sure but I think the top 250 package is on 110 and 119, that's 4 lines. The dual node only has 3 lines in. Is there another switch box?

The locals are on 129, internationals on 118, I'm not sure but I think the top 250 package is on 110 and 119, that's 4 lines. The dual node only has 3 lines in. Is there another switch box?

Since you have international programming, you'll want a 1000+ dish to pick up 119/110/129/118.7. Depending on what model of this dish you get (DP/DPP), you may need to get an external switch to provide the 3 necessary DPP lines for the node.

I'm gonna suggest you just sign up with a commitment and have dish come and install everything. Buying the equipment yourself for.what.programming you want wont be cheap, and you can't guarantee that used parts will work correctly.

If the old directv dish is the smaller one with a single.lnb on it then there is a good chance it will work. If the dish says slimline then definitely not, its a different diameter mast.

And as far as.mounting location, just because direct installed on the roof of your place doesn't necessarrily mean that is the best place for your new dish system (it all depends on age of the install).

Shoot, old dish installs half the time aren't even uptown today's.standards.

Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)