What equipment should I expect on new install

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Gary Beav

Original poster
Dec 13, 2004
NW Indiana
I am scheduled for an install tomorrow. I have ordered the top 120, HD, and locals, for Chesterton, Ind (1 room HD - 1 room SD). I also purchased the 921. The tech said they would be installing 2 satelites, the 921, and a 311 receiver. What I am interested in is what equipment should I expect - ie: dish's and switches . I have already run 2 RG-6U cables from my family room into the attic - plus I already have an antenna and RG-6U run to my Zenith HDV420 OTA receiver for my Toshiba 57H82, which I plan to switch over to the 921 for OTA HD

Welcome to satelliteguys!

I would expect you would get a DPQuad on a Dish 500.

Unless you're in a 2-dish local area, where you should get a DPTwin, DPDual, and a DP34 switch. Twin pointing to 119/110, dual to 61.5 or 148.

Unless you're in a local area that requires a superdish. Then you'll have a superdish and a DP34.

Gary,

Just make sure that all of your receiver cables go out to the area, where you will have the dp34 placed.

I do a lot of high end custom installs. The easiest way to do this is to drill a one inch hole in the eave's ceiling right near the wall. At first, drill a 1/8" hole and feel for space with a coat hanger wire, so that you do not hit a rafter. A 1/8" hole is easy to repair, if you hit a rafter. Go to Home Depot and purchase a three piece Greenlee "fishing rod" set in the electrical department for about 30. Using the spear tip, push the rod into the hole, tilting it toward the deck of the roof into the attic. Go into the attic and strip the coax down to the center wire. Find the tip of the "fishing rod" and thread the coax center wire into the hole. Twist the wire into a loop. You can tape any other coax around the outer jacket of the first, while making a smooth transition with the tape. Go outside and pull all the cables out with the "fishing rod."

Don't count on the installer doing this for you. They will most likely cut a large hole in the ceiling of the eave.

Mike

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)