What ever happened to VOD on 942

It comes out right after they activate the promised firewire connectors. IE, NEVER!

Dish talks a good game but implements very little.

Do you really want movies you dont want to watch using up prime HD space?
This is resonable on the 625 because it only does SD but and the drive is 250gb with the majority of that space reserved for VOD...the 942 just doesnt have the extra space to give up.

VOD on 942

That is another of those things the Echostar Software Department in INDIA has to get around too they have been too busy milking the camels and procreating to do any software updates, plus Charlie ran out of curry so, no curry no work!!!!

philhu said:
It comes out right after they activate the promised firewire connectors. IE, NEVER!

Dish talks a good game but implements very little.
Funny you should mention that. I spoke with a tech at E* and got the impression that the portable Dish Media center will never come out. If that is the case then we won't be using the usb/fireware connection on the 942. That would have been a great piece of h/w for travelers.

Thank goodness for Tivo to go!!! Now is I can just figure out how to make my Tivo recorder work with the 942 correctly so it records what is coming out of the TV2 port.

Does anyone know how to force a program so that it shows on TV2 so a DVR can be connected and programmed to turn on to capture the TV2 output automatically?

dodge said:
That is another of those things the Echostar Software Department in INDIA has to get around too they have been too busy milking the camels and procreating to do any software updates, plus Charlie ran out of curry so, no curry no work!!!!

So wrong! :haha

Tyralak said:
So wrong! :haha
Did they ever release VOD for the 625?

tnsprin

Reward 1,000,000 ATS for the arrest and conviction of the murderer of a very rare cat.
Contact E. Schrödinger
Vienna, Australia

How does the vod work on the 625? Do you pay a flat fee of 4.99 a month and then all the vod are accessible or is it like pay per view and it ia 4.99 per video ? I just bought my mom and dad a 625 and I 'm curious how this works.

Its horrible on the 625 its 4.99 per movie. For movies like apollo 13, ET, jaws, jurassic park. these were taken off the my vod menu as i was typing this. They really need to get better movies on here like the ones they show on ppv. i dunno if you ask me i think their movie choices suck worse than the voom channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts