What features from Tivo would you like added to your E* box?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The only thing I miss about Tivo is the program guide. It had a lot more programming info on the screen at once than Dish does. On the left it had the channels and current programs listed and on the right it showed the next eight programs showing on whichever channel was currently selected. It made it a lot easier to see what was coming up on a channel without having to scroll forward.

The ability to access programming on DVR "A" from DVR "B" whether over the existing cabling or via ethernet. No more copying to EHD and transferring. Just access it directly.

I think they call this Multi-Room Viewing (MVR) and I second your request. There is no reason that I shouldn't be able to watch items recorded on the 722 in my living room while I'm watching the 211 in the bedroom (and vice versa).

Also, I'd like to be able to list my channels alphabetically instead of by channel #. I don't like having to use a cross reference to find a channel that I don't have the channel number for.

Gary Walborn
gwalborn@gmail.com

That sounds familiar... :)

No tellin' how many times I've had to back out of a menu, press pause, then go back in.
So maybe a pause on menu option is what you want. press menu and it automatically pauses.

1. networked receivers too.

2 Record directly to EHD, i know you can play back directly, but i always copy films to ehd - although more space on the dvr would help.

3. Color codes on the guide, in particular, premiers and new programs, so at a glance i can see what is repeats and what is not.

4. saved searches.

Multi Room Viewing, or basically the ability to share your programs via networked DVRs.
The Thumbs and suggestions are awesome.

I would also venture to say if they are blatantly asking people what "Tivo" features are you missing, that would imply they are ready to reach an agreement with Tivo and license their UI. Otherwise they'd be way to obviously ripping off Tivo and wouldn't have a leg to stand on in court.

I could see them licensing Tivo and incorporating it's UI along with Sling Features... you'd have a KILLER DVR that no one will be able to compete with. D* will stick to their generic interface and slowly phase out the DTivo, which is a stupid Idea on their part.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)