What happened to CharredPC?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

timmy1376

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2004
Manhattan, KS
Hope everything is OK with him and his 1.2m didn't pull his house over...

joking hoping everything really is OK.

damn wonder where he is...it says 8/24 last log on

He's in Utah so the hurricane didnt thit there :)

Sorry, guys, I'm still alive. Nice to know I was missed! Been swamped under a few things.

First off, the poor Patriot 1.2m has been sitting on the ground in the backyard for weeks :( I was about to get a Vbox, actuator, and polar mount; have a location picked out right next to my shed to cement a 3.5" thick pipe. Then we had to do yearly safety & emissions on the old '89 Dodge caravan. It flunked emissions, and took about $600 of muffler/engine work to pass. So all the "fun money" has been sucked out of our budget. I'm finally now catching us up, so I expect to have at least the pole installed in a week or two.

I've also been swamped under work on my website (very FTA-unrelated) which has turned out to be a success, and alot of fun for me too. I'm quite proud of it!

Anyone in the Utah area here speak spanish? I found a BUD, complete with polar mount, actuator, and pole which is obviously unwanted... It would be perfect (after removing the BUD itself) for my Patriot, but the fellow who owns it doesn't appear to speak english :rolleyes:

Nice to see you back Charred! I thought maybe you were trapped under your BIG dish (Happened to me a few weeks ago when I was trying to take parts from a BUD at a local Motel (10' fiberglass), took me a few minutes to get free. True Story.)

Welcome Home!

CharredPC,

Nice to see the Avatar again, I kinda missed seeing the dish with legs! :)

PSB said:
Nice to see you back Charred! I thought maybe you were trapped under your BIG dish (Happened to me a few weeks ago when I was trying to take parts from a BUD at a local Motel (10' fiberglass), took me a few minutes to get free. True Story.

Nothing to laugh about, former Major League catcher Bo Diaz was killed while adjusting his rooftop BUD a few years ago in Venezuela.

yep, watch out for those freak thunderstorms. As much as I would like to go upto the roof for a little re-alignment sometimes, safety first....

I got so desperate for some FTA I dragged my 40" DirecPC dish out and began setting it up for the SG2100. Then I had to run and do something else... now another dish gives me the evil eye, this one from the porch where it lays on its face, unfinished!

At this point I wish I had the cash to pay somone else to come install a pole for me. Somone want to drive out? :D I'll pay in laptops ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)