What happened to DIY

You just proved my point. Why have cheaper packages then?

You need to do more research on how the TV industry works. It not just Dish (or any other provider) that have control over where these channels get placed. The networks that own these channels have most of the control as to where these channels get placed. Go back and read some of the MANY a la carte threads on here and see if you belive that is the right way to do it.

I'm just suggesting you do a little research first so you can understand why others on here are responding the way they are. When people come on here and start saying how TV companies should be run and where channels should be placed can come off the wrong way sometimes.

You need to do more research on how the TV industry works. It not just Dish (or any other provider) that have control over where these channels get placed. The networks that own these channels have most of the control as to where these channels get placed. Go back and read some of the MANY a la carte threads on here and see if you belive that is the right way to do it.

I'm just suggesting you do a little research first so you can understand why others on here are responding the way they are. When people come on here and start saying how TV companies should be run and where channels should be placed can come off the wrong way sometimes.

Agreed!

I believe it has something to do with channel providers on certain occasion and also I think that sometimes the TV provider makes the call based on where they can place the channel to get the customer the most channels/variety In a package while still keeping costs as low as possible.

Exactly. Was just trying to say that there is more to it than Dish just placing channels where ever they feel like it. Also, this really isn't a Dish thing. It's a TV industry thing.

You just proved my point. Why have cheaper packages then?
Unless your point has changed, I didn't. Or, maybe your point isn't clear, which would mean you should probably restate it more clearly.

And, the reason they have cheaper packages is so that people who cannot afford higher-priced packages can still subscribe, and receive some programming. It's kind of an obvious answer to an unnecessary question.

While a lot of what you say makes sense. However the way I think the tv industry works, is gouge gouge gouge. The tv industry is scared to think outside of the box, there will be a point where people say enough is enough, but I am not quite convinced on that one.

Hey I wanted DIY, had to pay for it now I've had America's top 250 for 4 years and I don't watch DIY still pay for it though plus HBO STARZ AND SHO. All because of free previews. Don't watch them but have them incase I want to.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Unless your point has changed, I didn't. Or, maybe your point isn't clear, which would mean you should probably restate it more clearly.

And, the reason they have cheaper packages is so that people who cannot afford higher-priced packages can still subscribe, and receive some programming. It's kind of an obvious answer to an unnecessary question.
His point is a Q-Tip.

While a lot of what you say makes sense. However the way I think the tv industry works, is gouge gouge gouge. The tv industry is scared to think outside of the box, there will be a point where people say enough is enough, but I am not quite convinced on that one.
I agree, I have seen many a post (not just in this thread) to the effect of "thank you sir, may I have another?". But to assume that it is only Dish to blame for not putting DIY or any other channel in a lower package, or offering it ala carte, is just Idiocracy. See the movie.

Wow. I got my answer early on and hate that it's turned nasty. Lets consider this thread dead!
Not your fault, don't beat yourself up. :)

I was content to eat my popcorn and listen, but I I just had to spew it back up.

Hey, many DIY shows are available for free on Hulu. Go figure its "popularity".