what happened to me

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

johninillinois

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 20, 2004
i moved over the weekend as i will be getting married very soon and getting a large place with girl friend. when the arrived and finished i was told i was no longer able to have my cbs feeds for the east and west as i now had locals available to me. i loved this as i got a high def tv for xmas and loved having my cbs feeds in high def and also loved the choice of footballs games on sunday.

was this the new law catching me as i loved have both feeds and longer do just asking as i am not sure . thanks for the help also

If you moved into an area that is served by locals, then yes, D* is required by law to disconnect your distants. This is the federal law that was passed last month.

Beavis said:
If you moved into an area that is served by locals, then yes, D* is required by law to disconnect your distants. This is the federal law that was passed last month.

I don't think this is completly accurate, If you had the distants activated prior to 12/31/2004 then you can keep them even if locals are offered. After that date no distants will be activated even with a waiver. I don't know about being able to keep them if you move to another area. I doubt it.

hjriver - Beavis is 100% correct; ANY move to a different (physical) address will cause either provider to requalify you for distants per the current law, which in this case NOW is that if your provider offers locals, you can NO longer have ANY distants, period!

John - you DO know that if you just "moved" to Chicago, you could have ALL 4 networks in HD, no questions asked... ;) ;)

dishrich said:
hjriver - Beavis is 100% correct; ANY move to a different (physical) address will cause either provider to requalify you for distants per the current law, which in this case NOW is that if your provider offers locals, you can NO longer have ANY distants, period!

That's what I figured. Changing the physical location is the key.
I had to do a little research before January 1 as I have all the distant feeds except Fox west. I could have activated it before 12/31 but like a dummy chose not to. I can get the HD locals OTA with no problem and SD
on Directv local service.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts