What happened to Sci-Fi

Was wondering why my one-hour DVR event stopped after 30 minutes.

hopefully the 2nd airings will be ok.

I had a really weird happening!

I decided to start watching BSG on SciFi HD about 10:15 last night, so I went to the DVR menu, selected the recording, and hit "start over". I got a blank screen with no audio. I forwarded it up to the current time to see if it was all blank, and near the end I got audio but still no video. So I switched to the other tuner, and SciFi HD was working. So, I say to myself, must have been some sort of recording bug, I hope my 622 isn't going bad, etc., and I stopped the recording and figured I'd record the second showing. But for some reason I checked the recording again, and this time, playing it while it WASN'T in progress, I had both audio and video from the beginning! (Although the video was letterboxed at first, as others have noted.)

So what the hell was going on? The channel couldn't have been out completely, because my recording did work, only in letterboxed SD for the first 10 minutes or so. But why wouldn't the recording play properly while it was in progress?

Update: I just checked my recording of Dr. Who from the HD channel, and it shows up in the recording listing as an hour, and if I pause it the progress bar shows an hour, but when I fast-forward through it it jumps from about the half-hour point to about 5 minutes from the end. This is doubly weird! Normally, when the signal goes out, the recording stops and gets shown with the actual recorded time.

I lost a large section of Dr. Who. BSG was in SD for part of the beginning. I think it was a SciFi channel problem since the SciFi HD logo was clearly over the SD section of BSG. There would be no way Dish could have messed it up by showing the SD feed with the HD logo.

I thought the Dr. Who was a 622 error or something, glad to know others had the same problem. I lost the show right after the allergy commercial.

I only got 30 minutes of Dr. Who . I also had all my timers drop off my recording schedule and I lost all programming on my 722 , but that was unrelated to the Sci-Fi problems.

Unless you consider a lame story obviously designed to echo memories of the Holocaust to be a "problem"...

Update: I just checked my recording of Dr. Who from the HD channel, and it shows up in the recording listing as an hour, and if I pause it the progress bar shows an hour, but when I fast-forward through it it jumps from about the half-hour point to about 5 minutes from the end. This is doubly weird! Normally, when the signal goes out, the recording stops and gets shown with the actual recorded time.

Same thing happened here. I'm glad to hear that I'm not going to have to get 622 #4!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)