What happened to the volume leveling software for the 722k??

I thing E* did something about it's loud commercials. On Fox News this morning, during a commercial break I could not hear the Dish ad for a ppv boxing program, the other ads were normal volume, just like the main Fox programming. One thing about Fox News is that it is always louder then my local CBS station. Both stations are HD. The Dish ad would be just the right loudness if it was on CBS, because I would have the vol. turned up just in order to hear CBS.
Dan

Tech Chat to nite..

The tech chat is tonite. Will they talk about what happen to the volume leveling software that they dicussed last November??:confused: I have been trying to get an answer to what happened with it since January. Anyone know what the topics will be for tonite??

they did

The tech chat is tonite. Will they talk about what happen to the volume leveling software that they dicussed last November??:confused: I have been trying to get an answer to what happened with it since January. Anyone know what the topics will be for tonite??

tech chat last night said it is to come out in March.

I posted this in a similar thread, but I thought I would put it here also, as it may be helpful to some:

There has been several postings about this "problem". Until DishNet releases a software solution here is a workaround: The problem is that the Hi def receivers are equipped with Dolby 5.1 as the default output, if you are connected to your TV with a hdmi cable and your TV has only 2 speakers then you have Dolby 5.1 being pushed thru 2 speakers. 2 speakers are STEREO not 5.1 (6 speakers) To balance the sound if you are using your stereo 2 speaker TV output, you must reset your Hi def receiver settings. Depending on your Dish receiver model, go to menu/system setup/dolby Digital, then select RF Mode and select PCM only. Then press DONE. This resets the output to 2 channel stereo to meet your TV's stereo design.( Might need to power off and restart your Dish receiver to get new setting to take effect) If your TV has built in DD 5.1 or you are outputting to a DD 5.1 amp or soundbar, then do not make this modification to your hi def receiver. I can't say this will equalize HD and SD sound levels on all TVs, but it did do that on my LG plasma 50" TV. This also allowed me to use my TV's surround sound settings to produce a better sound from the TV's speakers. Hope this works for you!!!

I posted this in a similar thread, but I thought I would put it here also, as it may be helpful to some:

There has been several postings about this "problem". Until DishNet releases a software solution here is a workaround: The problem is that the Hi def receivers are equipped with Dolby 5.1 as the default output, if you are connected to your TV with a hdmi cable and your TV has only 2 speakers then you have Dolby 5.1 being pushed thru 2 speakers. 2 speakers are STEREO not 5.1 (6 speakers) To balance the sound if you are using your stereo 2 speaker TV output, you must reset your Hi def receiver settings. Depending on your Dish receiver model, go to menu/system setup/dolby Digital, then select RF Mode and select PCM only. Then press DONE. This resets the output to 2 channel stereo to meet your TV's stereo design.( Might need to power off and restart your Dish receiver to get new setting to take effect) If your TV has built in DD 5.1 or you are outputting to a DD 5.1 amp or soundbar, then do not make this modification to your hi def receiver. I can't say this will equalize HD and SD sound levels on all TVs, but it did do that on my LG plasma 50" TV. This also allowed me to use my TV's surround sound settings to produce a better sound from the TV's speakers. Hope this works for you!!!

thanks for the tip made a difference with my 722 L625 and Onkyo amp with HDMI pass through :bow

Thanks it helped

Thanks it helped with the volume.

March is here still noTrusound software!!

Well it is now March when will the trusound software be downloaded to the 722K software?:confused::confused::confused:

I'm still waiting for the new software L657 that was supposed to have been sent 2/14/10. I expect it, before the new volume leveling software.

Just wanting to know if the sould leveling software ever made it out to the VIP722K? Will it be released for the VIP622 or VIP612? Have not heard any more about this feature being released.

No software update yet.

I have been trying to find out if they will ever have it ready. I was on skype when the charlie chat was on Monday and I ask the Question about it. They gave me the answer the next day and they said it would be the end of March or the first week of April. But I heard them say on the charlie chat that they are not allowed to change the program volume so I am not sure if it will every happen.

W the UHF upgrade

I have been trying to find out if they will ever have it ready. I was on skype when the charlie chat was on Monday and I ask the Question about it. They gave me the answer the next day and they said it would be the end of March or the first week of April. But I heard them say on the charlie chat that they are not allowed to change the program volume so I am not sure if it will every happen.

Maybe it's going to roll out w/ the upgrade for the UHF remotes which is being tested I believe in 500,000 units now. Scott said something about the new F/w coming down before too much longer.

But I heard them say on the charlie chat that they are not allowed to change the program volume so I am not sure if it will every happen.

That is what I was wondering to when I heard that on the Monday Charlie chat. If they can not change or do any thing with the program I guess that they can not offer the sound leveling software. NOT SURE?????

If the software resides on our receivers, they wouldn't be adjusting the volume, we would.

Furthermore, I don't believe this rumor that they can't adjust sound levels. In fact they adjust video levels, chroma, and compression all the time, In addition they adjust sound levels too to maintain threshhold levels to prevent clipping. ALL MSO operations have to adjust levels for retransmission. They, like all broadcast services make a wide range of adjustments to the signals, including change the compression scheme on some to mp4.

The last I heard was what was reported before and that is end of March early April for the software to be implemented. I recall it was on the tech chat. The Charlie chats are more about programming and what new channels are coming up and when new equipment is scheduled for release. They rarely if ever get into technical discussions on Charlie chats.

Still no volume leveling software???

It is March 28 and still no software for the volume leveling. I have used up my battery power then I changed the batterys and when I went to put the battery cover on it would not stay on what can I do to make it stay on?:confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)