What happened with this HD PPV?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

nazz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 4, 2006
I set up a PPV recording of The Descent in HD the other night at 2:00 AM. What I ended up with instead of a good horror movie in HD was a recording of the Dish Network HDTV logo with a title of Off Air.

What would cause this and will I be charged for it? It's kind of dissapointing since this is a rare occurence that they actually had an HD PPV movie that I wanted.

Not sure but I thought you cannot record PPV. I'm probably wrong, but that is what I always assumed.
I'm not a regular viewer of PPV but the few times I have purchased a movie, there was no issues with recording it and watching it again later (without additional charge).

Yep, you can record it. No problem. What you are probably thinking of is the Dish OnDemand stuff. It is only available for a limited amount of time and you can't record it.

were you recording onto dvd/vcr or dvr? I had this problem recording movies off MonstersHD late at night. The receiver will shut itself off after so long without any activity. thats what it sounds like to me. But that shouldn't affect a dvr recording.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts