What happenned to Tivo upgrading the Motorola HD-DVR?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

philhu

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 1, 2004
Cold Boston Area
Last year, there was talk, at Tivo, that they were going to add tivo to a firmware upgrade of the Comcast HD-DVR sometime in November, 2005, making it, in essence, a Tivo box.

What ever happenned to this? Anyone know?

Your dates are wrong. It was announced in the spring of '05 for a FALL 2006 date - NOT 2005. Don't expect to see it until Oct-Dec '06.

See this thread for better dates & PR/News links.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=54617

I see you stated something Tivo was suppossed to have said but I have never seen that posted anywhere. The only thing I have ever seen via PR/News reports is the Fall of 2006.

Last edited:
goober22 said:
Your dates are wrong. It was announced in the spring of '05 for a FALL 2006 date - NOT 2005. Don't expect to see it until Oct-Dec '06.

See this thread for better dates & PR/News links.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=54617

I see you stated something Tivo was suppossed to have said but I have never seen that posted anywhere. The only thing I have ever seen via PR/News reports is the Fall of 2006.

They said it at the Tivo Developers Conference in Las Vegas last June. It is NOT an NDA group. Just a bunch of users getting together to show off hardware hacked (not subscription hacking) Tivos and Tivo attends every year

The product manager always shows up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts