What Happens If You Don't Return the Current Sheet?

andrews777

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 5, 2004
Any thoughts on what will happen if you don't return the current sheet? Will we completely lose SkyAngel, or will we just lose the "premium" channels?

Also, why would anyone go to the trouble of sending the form back saying they no longer wanted their lifetime sub?

Brad

I believe you will just lost the 4 channels.

If they shut off your service completely I would venture to say you might have a good lawsuit on your hands.

While I know the guys at Sky Angel are theying their harest to keep the vision alive, I do not agree with what they are doing here.

The agreement/sheet that was sent said "if you don't return this sheet or return this sheet and agree to the fee and dont pay" you will loose the 4 'secular' channels.

Will you be able to add them later on for the $4.99 per month? I imagone one would be able to do so.

why would I return the sheet?

If I don't return it they will eventually turn off the 4 channels, supposedly on 5/1. I don't like the part about needing my receiver and smart card #. its possible like they want us to do their job and figure out who to shut off.

I would like to see how many who don't return the form are still shut off on time...... will be interesting.

Unless you want to pay for the channels (and I don't suggest it) then I wouldn't bother sending it back. have to admit I was tempted to just mail their original letter back in the postpaid envelope though!

forwarned is forarmed. they are allowing people to prepay for 1 year in advance? what does that mean in english? I would say that there is a 99% chance that come may 2008 the price will go up. Possibly just because or maybe under the guise that they are adding another channel (possibly one you don't even want)

I sent mine back with a letter telling them how much a appreciate their programming and support them. Who else are we going to support?

It makes me think of the Master's conversation with Peter recorded in the sixth chapter of the gospel of John. "Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away? Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life." Of course FTA is an option for some. A big 9' c-band dish should pick up all of S/A's religious channels.

For those that didn't like the secular channels in the first place it is no big deal. Eventually more religious channels will be added. For those of us that watch the secular channels, it is a way we can support Sky Angel. The idea that S/A is struggling makes me want to support them all the more. Since I am a lifetime member, I have a vested interest in seeing them succeed.

I can't quite elevate SkyAngel to the level of Jesus. :)

I do have options, including over the Internet and downloading teaching shows. SkyAngel is nice, but I think they have serious issues given the competition, both in satellite and with the Internet coming on strong.

I have not problem supporting them and I think threatening to contest them is stupid. :)

With the year-long purchase, that is just a way to lock in a discount. It is less than the monthly cost times 12. They will likely go up over time, but I don't think the year offer foreshadows anything.

Brad

I was not trying to elevate Sky Angel to the same level of the Master. I was just trying to draw a parallel between the story in John and the situation with S/A. We are not going to find much gospel truth coming from DISH, DirectTV, local cable or over-the-air broadcast.

I am not sure how internet TV works. I have watched programs on my pc using RealPlayer and Windows Media Player and it isn't the same as watching TV. I don't have a digital TV. Is there a way to hook a digital TV up to a pc and watch programs broadcast on the internet?

I am happy to have SA i only wish Spirit would come back 24/7. I really hate having to stay up late at night to see their videos and unlike Praise TV back in the day they are constantly adding NEW videos!!!!!

I am happy to have SA i only wish Spirit would come back 24/7. I really hate having to stay up late at night to see their videos and unlike Praise TV back in the day they are constantly adding NEW videos!!!!!

According to the letter:

"In the months ahead, Sky Angel will be making some changes to our programming in an effort to improve your viewing pleasure. Our plans include adding a gospel music channel. offering approximately 12 hours of Sky Angel specials on Saturdays and Sundays and moving the Spirit channel to a full time slot. We continue to negotiate with Echo Star for the return of the three channels we lost as a result of our transponder failure in April of last year and to look for other quality Christian programming. Please feel free to drop us a line from time-to-time with your suggestions on additional programming. Programming has become increasingly expensive but we will do our best to consider your suggestions."

We are not going to find much gospel truth coming from DISH, DirectTV, local cable or over-the-air broadcast.?

I have to disagree with DirecTV. I was a SA sub for several years until just a couple of months ago when I left DISH (and SA) for DirecTV mainly because of the threat that DISH was going to lose MLB EI. DirecTV has several good Christian channels including The God Channel, Daystar, The Church Channel, NRB (my favorite) and others. Since leaving Sky Angel, I have not missed any programs because the various channels on DirecTV carry at least most of the programs I watched on SA plus others that I did not receive with SA including John Macarthur's Grace to You and RC Sproul's Renewing Your Mind. I still get Word Pictures and the Worship network. All in all, I still feel like I have Sky Angel with what is offered on DirecTV. But if I were able to receive SA through DirecTV equipment, I would still be subscribing because I believe in SA's ministry.:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)