What happens if you move 3 months after signing a DirecTV contract?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

esmeet

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 12, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
I'm thinking about re-subscribing to DirecTV (we canceled service about 8 months ago), but we're also in the midst of a house hunt that might constitute our moving within the next 3-6 months. I know there's some sort of moving program with DirecTV, but I don't know how it works.

Could someone explain to me what would happen if I sign up today and have to move in 3-6 months?

Thank you.

If you have no LoS you might have to pay a hefty ETF.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Thanks, navychop...that's an important point to consider.

Assuming I have LOS, how does the DirecTV moving program work? Do I keep my contract as it exists, or does it restart the two-year term and require new equipment, installation, etc?

Thanks, navychop...that's an important point to consider.

Assuming I have LOS, how does the DirecTV moving program work? Do I keep my contract as it exists, or does it restart the two-year term and require new equipment, installation, etc?

unless you upgrade equipment at the move there is no extension of contract
I moved in December (in contract until Feb 2014) and my contract still is Feb 2014 because I did not upgrade equipment. You are allowed one free move per 12 months last I checked

You can put the service in suspend for like 6 months till you find a new house, but if you decide after putting the service on pause you want to cancel, expect to pay the cancellation Fee.

The only way you might get out of paying a cancel fee is if you move and the system can't be installed at your new house, and better hope Im not your installer

You can put the service in suspend for like 6 months till you find a new house, but if you decide after putting the service on pause you want to cancel, expect to pay the cancellation Fee.

The only way you might get out of paying a cancel fee is if you move and the system can't be installed at your new house, and better hope Im not your installer

It doesn't sound like he wants to cancel. He just wants to sign up for Directv now even though he may be moving in 3 months. From what I read he didn't want to cancel his service when he moves. It sounded like he was just looking for information on Directv's mover program. Someone else brought up the ETF, not him.

NLOS will get you out but it takes 2 NLOS verifications before it is given. No landlord permission does not get you out anymore though

You talking about DirecTV or HughesNet?

Moving to a apt where the balcony faces north, DirecTV already verified NLOS, HughesNet will find the same, as can only be installed in "exclusive use area" which is the north facing balcony, which also happens to be under trees so would not work even if there were a satellite to the north.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)