What happens to a Lifetime Skyangel Account if E* service is no longer active on recv

mattb

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Columbus, OH, USA
What would happen in the case of a lifetime skyangel membership if the E* service (top 180 is no longer active) -- the receiver was put in vacation mode and E* eventually just closed the account? does that account loose the lifetime membership, I assume skyangel should stay active as its a life time account or would sky have to verify the account and have E* repush the data stream to reactivate the smart card for Sky?

If you have a lifetime account set up on that receiver, it will continue to be authorized for Sky Angel Service as long as you have that receiver. You can cancel service with Dish whenever you wish, but the lifetime subscription to sky angel is unaffected. If you have any problems when you disconnect Dish, you contact your service provider which is Sky Angel at 1-800-SKY-ANGEL to take care of the issue.

See ya
Tony

yeah I learned this, apperently E* doesnt know the meaning of lifetime Sub for Skyangel, my service is working again but I will be calling skyangel to make that solid. Having TVU and Spirit rocks :) I got tired of watching them online and besdies my lifetime memebership was going to waste. :) (been one since 2001 just could not put up a dish at my old place (easly) i have it mounted on my patio now (concealed even) and get a 100+ signal (somtimes bouncing to 115) on my old 4900 which now even has the updated firmware (was worried it woudlnt download the info for the new firmware since it hadnt been updated since 2001) but everything is cool.

I might attempt to put up my D500 and reactivate At60 (had at150+supers back in the day) if I can get a clear view of the 110/119. If anything just put it up so I can get 101 and watch Charlie Chats :) Id really like my locals but I cant do a Super Dish here :)

What if someone has SkyAngel on a specific receiver and that receiver goes bad? Do you have to pay for a whole new lifetime subscription to have it put on another receiver or does it carry over to the one you would replace the bad one with (or one you would upgrade it with)? What if someone has more than one receiver wanting the lifetime subscription on them? Do both of them get them for a lifetime or would the additional receivers receive an additional $5 outlet fee? Would a DVR fee apply if you have a 510, 522, or 921 and only SkyAngel?

TNGTony said:
If you have a lifetime account set up on that receiver, it will continue to be authorized for Sky Angel Service as long as you have that receiver. You can cancel service with Dish whenever you wish, but the lifetime subscription to sky angel is unaffected. If you have any problems when you disconnect Dish, you contact your service provider which is Sky Angel at 1-800-SKY-ANGEL to take care of the issue.

See ya
Tony

I spoke too soon!

ok :( My skyangel disapered at 3:09 am Eastern :-(

Their completely gone from the guide now.

now the only thing that shows up are a few PPV channels and the RED International channels in the guide and 580 which is the international info channel in the clear :(

this sucks, I cant beleive E* would shut off my lifetime sub to skyangel... shows how much they want to piss on skyangel. :) Gotta love Charlie and Co :) Guess they really never want me to sub to their "regular" services again, since lifetime sub to skyangel means lifetime sub (dont mess with it!)

im now getting " your smart card does not currently have authorization to view or purchase this program please wait or channel up and down " If I hit one of the PPV off Air Channels.

:-(

So call SA people do make mistakes. The only ones who don't make any mistakes are those that do nothing. Chill, this can be fixed.

Sky Angel wouldn't be open on Sunday I don't imagine and any verifications they have ever had to do is by fax to Dish , so I bet the problem is with Dish not SA. Mike

You Call Sky Angel to fix problems dealing with Sky Angel Service! If you call Dish, chances are they will have no idea what you are talking about since it is not their service!

1-800-SKY-ANGEL

See ya
Tony

I know, Im just more ticked E* messed with something they should not have messed with and consdiering it takes 4 or so business days for E* to fix it (with skyangel having to fax over the info) I gotta wait for get service..

Plus the nerve of the CS rep from E* telling me yesterday "if you take our programming back I might be able to reverse your account for you" ... Yeah bribe me into taking your services back when you messed up my account to begin with.

I am suprised she didnt try to sell me a 921 Boat Anchor =)

Claude Greiner said:
I know one thing is for sure, if you owe E* money they will not activate just Skyangel on your account. They will make you pay the previous past due ballance :)

The thing is, E* says I owe them 25$ to get my account out of inactivate state, something about they only allow vacation mode for 6 months despite them having me in vacation mode (and i being a dumb a** and paying them 5.30 a month from Dec 2002 to july of 2004 (when i received my last E* bill).

Apperently they have me listed as "account closed without reason" yet I never closed the account..

Funny thing, I appernetly also have a "credit" of 7.39 $ on my E* account and for $17.61 they will turn back on my AT 150 (now 180) + superstations + skyangel.

It will be interesting to see what Skyangel can do.. I dont have a negative balence with E* they just appear to want to black mail me into taking their services before they will turn my life time sub to skyangel back on ( thats the impression I got from E* reps when trying to get status on the account )

Im going to call Skyangel's office tomarrow and attempt to talk to them. Something tells me I wont be getting skyangel back unless I turns E*'s service back on (and I cant currently point at 110/119 so paying 42$ a month for E* service is pointless to me)

If you purchased an E* package and were given the receiver for "free," then E* probably feels the equipment actually belongs to them (similar to a cell phone plan the offers you a free cell phone for a two year commitment. If you cancel your service early, they hit you with a $200 cancellation fee).

I purchased my E* receiver from a department store and never activated D*; therefore, I had to pay the $100+ dollars for the system. Since I own my receiver, I would challenge any attempt by E* to shut off my SA service; however, if E* gave me the equipment for "free", then they might have a right to turn off all programming.

rjc3895 said:
If you purchased an E* package and were given the receiver for "free," then E* probably feels the equipment actually belongs to them (similar to a cell phone plan the offers you a free cell phone for a two year commitment. If you cancel your service early, they hit you with a $200 cancellation fee).

I purchased my E* receiver from a department store and never activated D*; therefore, I had to pay the $100+ dollars for the system. Since I own my receiver, I would challenge any attempt by E* to shut off my SA service; however, if E* gave me the equipment for "free", then they might have a right to turn off all programming.

I purchased most of the equipment out of my own pocket (paid near 130$ for it)...

Plus I had E* AT150 for over a year so any committment I would was completed (I had the "I like 9" plan they had at that time :) Man if they offered me a deal like that again id take em back :p lol

I got my skyangel problem solved, unforutally not by a phone, their CS is hard to get ahold of so I emailed and one of their "customer relations" folks fixed my problem :) Came home tonite (after verifying the receiver info with their rep via email having skyangel on :)

wee! Now I can have my TVU! :-d

Your welcome :) It's probally my fault for leaving E* in vacation mode too long (yeah im an idiot that gave Charlie 5$ a month from Dec 2002 to July of 04! lol and them "purge" my account at their own will, I never expected in 2001 when I got E* and SkyA* to have to move and then live in a place for 2 years that I could not get Dish at. My current place (that i moved to in July) has a ground level view of 61.5 :) Im happy to have my TVU and Spirit music TV back :) two of my fav Channels. (specially since It's not costing me anything, may as well use it :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts