What happens to us customers?

eastflag said:
So now what? We just lose the money we invested on the equipment?

It's not really a loss, it's just part of the cost of having the service. You should always take stuff like this into consideration before choosing to buy equipment.

Maybe the STB owners will get lucky and voOm will leave OTA tunning activated, so owners will get a OTA tuner out of it.

SpringsGuy said:
A risky investment that i would never take, paying $10 a month to rent a box is just fine....

In the early days, november and december 2003, that wasn't an option. But you don't hear me complaining about it. Bought my box, but as others stated, it's a risk you take. A calculated one, but a risk. But I had a great time using it, watching Voom, once I got a replacement box. It was a startup, and anyone who bought the box, should consider that when they made the decision to buy. Even in the early days, you opted for the service, so you opted for taking the risk. I am really surprised why some people seem puzzled by this. It's not, Voom never showed goodwill by providing alternatives. One, there was a choice for leasing after the early months. Second, even if you bought the receiver in the early days,Voom offered a 'exchange' program to move to lease and receive a credit.

You "invested" in a "startup" and it was a risky one all along.... In the end, it failed. So, the "investors" lost what they put it in. Simple enough ??

Same here, Marcel.

MarcelV said:
In the early days, november and december 2003, that wasn't an option. But you don't hear me complaining about it. Bought my box, but as others stated, it's a risk you take. A calculated one, but a risk. But I had a great time using it, watching Voom, once I got a replacement box. It was a startup, and anyone who bought the box, should consider that when they made the decision to buy. Even in the early days, you opted for the service, so you opted for taking the risk. I am really surprised why some people seem puzzled by this. It's not, Voom never showed goodwill by providing alternatives. One, there was a choice for leasing after the early months. Second, even if you bought the receiver in the early days,Voom offered a 'exchange' program to move to lease and receive a credit.

We've enjoyed a heck of a lot of HD that we wouldn't have otherwise. I'd say the $750 (later reduced to $499) was a great investment for us. Do I like "losing" this money, no, as we don't have a lot of "entertainment" dollars but believe it was well spent. Doen't take many (any?) trips, dinners, evenings out at concerts to exceed $499.

And still enjoying HDTV under mostly clear (time for a walk) Seattle skies, Gill

I would like to read the fine print of what it has to say about the boxes that were purchased. I rented but if I would of bought i would be pissed. As much as I love my voom and considering the worthless alternatives, I.E D* and E*, I would consider a lawsuit if the fine print allowed me to do so. Only if it came out of james dolan's pocket that lousy cocksu*cker.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts