What has been DIRECTV's Best and Worst Moves of this Decade?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The Good: Hasn't happen yet

The Bad: Higher prices, same service

If I was were so unhappy with DIRECTV I'd have cancelled a long time ago and moved on with my life.

I also like this comment -
Hey D*....IMPRESS OR COMPRESS !protest
Which are you doing?
I'm NOT IMPRESSED

:rolleyes:

The Good: Hasn't happen yet

The Bad: Higher prices, same service

LMAO, why on earth do you keep the service?

May be just me, but if I were that unhappy with a service that I pay for, I would find an alternative.

May be just me, but if I were that unhappy with a service that I pay for, I would find an alternative.

Yea I don't get it either. Maybe he's a masochist. I would never pay for a service I hate especially for such a long time. But whatever

If I was were so unhappy with DIRECTV I'd have cancelled a long time ago and moved on with my life.

I also like this comment -
Hey D*....IMPRESS OR COMPRESS !protest
Which are you doing?
I'm NOT IMPRESSED

Thats crap. As much as I despise them for the contract renewals, I still love the service.

Dish beats em hands down on equipment, but I actually liked the HR20 and 22 when I had them. I like the quick record/series link button as opposed tot he multiple steps of a Dish DVR. One should not forget also, the Directv really spurred the HD revolution with their channel adds after D10, and that they have stuck to their guns with 5 channels per tp.

Bad moves:

1. Divorcing TIVO. Idiots.

2. Handling of the MPEG-4 Transition - that was expensive for a bunch of us who bought into an HD Tivo unit that became a door stop in less than a year - then had to buy new HD DVRs after waiting years for some HD content.

3. Wasting bandwidth with duplicated SD local feeds. Transition everyone to MPEG 4 then shut them down and give us more content. Its not like late adopters can get rid of the black bars on their antenna feed, I say let 'em suffer. Maybe they'll catch up with the 21st century.

Good moves...

1. Going to MPEG-4.

2. Re-marrying Tivo. Lets hope they put out a kid this year.

good:
1-amount of HD
2-pq of HD(compared to cable)
3-on demand

bad:
1-brutal stb,just brutal.....
2-VS.
3-commitments in general,but nickel and dime shortsightedness for everything.

indifferent:
NFL redzone-I understand this one,duh.

3. Wasting bandwidth with duplicated SD local feeds. Transition everyone to MPEG 4 then shut them down and give us more content. Its not like late adopters can get rid of the black bars on their antenna feed, I say let 'em suffer. Maybe they'll catch up with the 21st century.

I would sure hate to see how much this would cost them to accomplish. Would they really get any useful bandwidth back since the locals are on spot beams.

I would sure hate to see how much this would cost them to accomplish. Would they really get any useful bandwidth back since the locals are on spot beams.

A very large chunck of SD locals are on conus feeds not spot beams.

A very large chunck of SD locals are on conus feeds not spot beams.

Incorrect, the ONLY SD locals that are on CONUS are the NYC and LA so DirecTV can provide distant network services, all the others are on spot beams.

Bandwidth is Bandwidth, regardless of what it's being used for.
IF they were all on mpeg2 and moved to mpeg 4, Yes, but thats not the case.

Spot beam or Conus, it's still using the bandwidth.

Bandwidth is Bandwidth, regardless of what it's being used for.

Is it. I they have bandwidth that they can not be used for anything is it really useful? I never stated that they would not get bandwidth back but if it was useful bandwidth.

Best:
1. Addition of many HD channels
2. Channel 101 beginning to add programming like Friday Night Lights
3. Mix Channels

Worst:
1. Reliability of their HR-2X DVR line
2. Customer Service Degradation
3. Relentless drive to increase margins and revenue above all else.
4. Dropping Versus
5. Dropping HD channels from one paid sports package (MLBEI) in order to show programming from another sports package (NFLST).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts