What Has Been Dish Network's Best & Worst moments for the past Decade?

E* worst move it dropping Smithsonian HD, Increasing their basepacks an average of $8,
Having one of their best years adding subs, and then announcing another price increase.
Good things,Adding Platinum to the $10 HD pack, But I bet that won't last either.

More bunk, Dish has been cheaper than directv and cable for years.
Debunk...our FiOS Triple Play was $40 more than AEP, which includes Internet and phone. Also, many Cable triple play offers make the video components much less expensive than similar E* programming. While E* was the budget programming leader for many years...this is not always true today.

From a personal point of view:

The best -- acquiring the Voom channels (that's actually why I switched to Dish).

The worst -- discontinuing the Voom channels (that's why I am considering leaving Dish).
honorable mention -- no MLB channel. We have a gay channel but no baseball channel. Go figure...

Right on the money!

Best:
- The ViP Series DVR
- Standing-up the VOOM channels
- AbsoluteHD
- DishHD quality in mid-2005
- SatelliteGuys Charlie Chat Chat

Worst:
- The art of HD-Lite which started with a rumored VOOM fiber problem (Oct 2005)
- Losing the Tivo lawsuit
- Terminating the VOOM Agreement and ongoing lawsuit with VOOM
- Charlie Chat
- Multiple programming disputes

good (at least when I had them)
-no contract if I owned the equipment
-multi-sports pack way cheaper
-could get just locals & superstations
-When I could get locals and distants legally
-losing Lifetime and those channels...didnt bother me when they were gone :)

bad
-Charlie Chats...Its like a infomercial now
-losing the distants battle
-losing my local CBS at the time due to the Viacom battle

worse move for me when i was on dish was losing voom.

best thing dish did is the vip series! awesome!!:up

Dish has the best DVR in the marketplace and they goofed!.Dish's 625 has the best DVR features I have operated so far.

But they made a mistake with the ViPs not having enough pause and live buffer time as the Dish 625 has...pause 120 minutes....2-120 minute live buffers.Dish should also utilize their Dish on Demand the same way as on the 625 through the satellite then there would be no worries for Dish subscribers about insufficient download speeds.

When it comes time to swap out receivers because of the Western Arc Dish can send me a standard receiver because to me Dish missed the boat when they designed the ViPs.:rant:

The best:

1. Dish DVRs!!!

2. The acquisition of VOOM's satellite and bringing VOOM channels - that made them the HD leader instantly!

The worst by far:

Killing VOOM as a content provider and taking "My way or the highway" stance with content providers.

The best would have to go to a tie between the best DVR plus external hard drive archiving...

the worst... the $120 I spend every month. :)

Best:
- the ViP622 and ViP722, and external archiving.
- We DISH you a Merry Christmas!
- Leslie Harper.

Worst:
- killing VOOM in the middle of the night without notice.
- Packages and fees that require a triple degree in maths, law, and magick(tm) to understand.
- heat design for the DVRs.
- Preferring the weaker of 129 or 61.5, if you have both connected.
- Dish's lame advertising department, especially when compared to DirecTV.

Best: Being able to watch the NFL Network (which was dropped from Charter Cable at the end of 2005), ESPNU and CSTV/CBS College Sports Network (that was before our cable system started carrying them), and CSN Bay Area as well as FSN Northwest.

Worst: GOL TV disappearing from Dish Network in August, 2008. No MLB Network or CSN NorthWest.

What are your thoughts on Dish Networks Best or Worst Moments of the past decade as we move out of this decade?
Dvr's
External Archiving?
The tivo suit?
Loss of Distants?

The worst moment for me was this year when they kept saying we were going to get our hd locals here in Paducah, KY and it never happened. This has dragged on all year. What could the problem possibly be? They first mentioned this last spring that we would be next. An antenna is not an option as the towers are just too far. Come on. I've had hd tv for 4 years now. Isn't that about long enough to wait? The best moment was the addition of the dvr.
Jeff

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts