What have I got here?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
When using the Viewsat, don't forget to flip between channels 1 & 2 on the 4DTV to change polarities.

Galaxy 3C
TP Freq: 4040
Polarity: Horz
Scan Rate: 29110

No, you want a HiFreq Splitter that has power Pass on only one port. Otherwise both receivers will be sending voltage to the LNB.

since he has a old LNB the polarity is fixed by the 4DTV so it shouldnt matter. Otherwise just trun the LNB power on the Viewsat to "Off"

I did that on my Coolsat and it worked just fine...used the analog box to power the LNB and the Coolsat just tagged along

Success!!!!

OK, I did get my first sat programed and blind scanned. The downside is I am not sure what bird I am aimed at. I thought I was on 99.0W, but after looking at 'The List" I am not sure. I do receive numerous transponders with network programming, several that appear to be scrambled (GDMX). There is one Hispanic channel (4055 Galaxy-56).

Any ideas guys?

TIA

G16 C-Band

GDMX is on that satellite and so are a set of the networks from Puerto Rico/Virgin Islands

If you bring up the networks and press info it should tell you the transponder info. Should be something like
3844 frequency (can be off by 1 or 2)
H polarity
12298 symbol rate (again can be off by 1 or 2 or so)

GDMX isn't scrambled (although it might as well be, for a typical DVB receiver?), it's in 4:2:2 (some kind of video codec?), 4:2:0 is standard. But, you are on 99.0w.

Thanks bigtime to ya'll

Thanks guys and to think I've been sitti:)ng in the dinette looking at this BUD and wondering if I was ever going to get rid of it. I always kept it in running order was able to get a few analog channels, but they were getting few and far between. Sheppards Chappel and Gene Scott, NASA to name a few. It had its hayday and it looks like it is making a huge comeback.

Because of you guys and this forum I now have another interest to nurture in my retirement years.

I am pumped and I am h:):)ked!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)