What HDMI version does the 942 use?

I was getting my 411 authorized yesterday and I asked that same question about whether the hdmi passes dolby 5.1. Mark the guy on the other end of the line said hold on he would ask his supervisor and look in the specs. He came back in a couple of minutes and said the hdmi connection on the 411 is purely digital and passes whatever the sound is of what you are watching. In other words if your watching something in 5.1 it will pass the 5.1 through the hdmi connection.

I have no way to check that out though as my lcd tv monitor uses a dvi-d connector and I don't have a receiver that accepts anything but a toslink optical cable.

Tim

Hmmm, according to the TechPortal (link in post 15), the 211/411 only passes DD over the optical output. I need to point out that our sources of information so far are a Dish-produced chart, a CSR and "his supervisor." I'm hoping someone can verify that Dish has designed it to work according to the HDMI spec.

spudmancbr954rr said:
Seriously M Sparks, regarding your lack of video from the 942's HDMI connection...
have you tried following the procedure on the bottom of page 115 in the DISH 942 User's Guide? It's worth a shot.

:confused: Page 115 is about the RF modulator in my manual! :confused:

I do see a note on page 106 about selecting a format on your monitor. I'm pretty sure I tried everything, but I'll give the monitor menu another squint.

Regarding my sig...I didn't even realize it was still there. I just put that on to counteract someone elses sig. Can't remember who's, but I just saw it again a few days ago... "A Moral Wrong is not a Civil Right".

Funny, it didn't say anything about Bush...someone's jumping to conclusions. I hate all politicians (except John McCain)...not just conservatives. The only thing it mentions is the Moral Majority, and I stand by my critisism.

Of course, maybe I'M jumping to conclusions about the other sig...after all, I fully agree "A Moral Wrong is not a civil right". It's not a civil right to steal pension funds, murder innocent people, spy on people who disagree with you, ect... :)

I'll take off the bottom line, because it's not directly in response to the other sig. (Besides, Tom B has a better line anyway.) Can't see what "fair" has to do with it though, as everyone is equally allowed to put whatever they want in their sig as long as it's not obscene or otherwise illegal. Seems like that's the definition of "fair".

Hmmm....we must have different User's Guides. Mine is copyright 2005, and on the back cover at the bottom there is a number - 130850. Page 115 has a section called "No picture on the Nearby HDTV", which seems to relate to your issue. The link to download or view the guide is:

http://www.dishnetwork.com/downloads/pdf/technology/942/DISH_Player-DVR_942_User_Guide.pdf

It's page 115 in the manual...not the page number shown in the page counter in Adobe Reader though (122 of 170).

Good luck with that McCain thing. I used to have more respect for him, but now he seems to be in the "I never met a microphone or camera I didn't like" mode. Lick your finger, stick it in the wind to see which way the wind is blowing that day and smile for the TV crew. I remember about 8 years of that in the 90s.....
:(
Let me know if the info in the Guide works out for you.
Ciao

Well...I received the following email from the support folks at Dish Network today:

Thank you for your email. After reading your email the answer to your
question is that our 942 receiver supports HDMI 1.0.

Tomas Mejia Jr
Tomas.mejiajr@echostar.com

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, December 27, 2005 9:36 PM
To: Tech
Subject: Technical Support

Full Name: *******
Account Number: ******

Question: Can you please tell me what HDMI spec my DISH DVR 942 uses?
I understand there is an HDMI 1.0 and an HDMI 1.1, and I need to make
sure
that the 942 is compatible with the new A/V receiver I am buying. Thank
you!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess I'll have to assume this is correct, and make my new A/V receiver buying decision with this information in mind.:(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts