What I'll miss about Voom (mourning thread)

rrobe99999

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 3, 2004
Destin, Fl
I want to start a thread for us to say some last words regarding the passing of Voom. Like many of my friends, Voom was an unreliable looser, but was very entertaining and fun to hang out with. In the beginning of our relationship, I was stood up many times and became very frustrated with the unreliable service. But once I got the bigger dish, and learned how to tune it myself, I was treated to almost a year of spectacular programming that you just can't get anywhere else. Regular cable shows weren't worth watching, and I've already seen the movies on the premium channels. Without fail Voom 21 would be there with something unique to watch that I didn't know even existed. At times I was frightened by the gory scenes on Monsters, but continued to watch these movies as this was my favorite channel. I thought I would soon learn Japanese from reading the subtitles on Fu. The movies set in Feudal Japan were the best. Voom hooked me up with front row seats to some great concerts and ringside seats at a Tyson fight. I was given a glimpse into the future as Dan Dare saved our world. I had a bird's eye veiw of many beautiful places that I may actually visit some day. I got a Rush from watching extreme sports, and have managed to learn a few new board tricks from Mike Valley himself. He got a little preachy at times, but I was able to make him STFU with the push of a button on a magic remote. Voom introduced me to some really hot naked babes like Spacegirl and Ingrid Pitt. Voom was ahead of its time and was just not given the chance to grow up and survive. Voom will be sorely missed. I guess I will begin hanging out with my old buddy, Cox. Well, I guess the name says it all. Cox has lame programming, and likes to keep charging me more money, but doesn't do anything to earn it.

Staying with your metaphor: I will never go back to my old life after Voom. Until somebody comes along at least as good as Voom, I wish to be alone.

I'll actually miss the cinema 10 and Monsters HD movies the most. I know a lot of people used to bitch and moan about the content, but as I mentioned on another thread, I was introduced to a lot of good movies I would have never seen otherwise.

Also some of the soundstage concerts were pretty good.

This may sound silly, but I am going to miss the VOOM HD sideshows the most.

For some reason even though I have seen them all, I must watch each one that I bump into. For some reason I absolutely love the unnamed host of the sideshow, I love his off color and snide comments he makes as these folks do acts that should never be attempted by any sane human. :)

I would love to know who the guy is who hosts, It would be fun to do some SatelliteGuys things with him.

Everything about the sideshow was perfect, the set, the sinage, the host and card girl, even the beatnick drum player.

Thats what I will miss most. :D

I'm going to miss a company that tried to make us happy, they went after a DVR idea that was pretty intense, they gave us free PPV boxing fights, HD political coverage, they listened to our FORUM INTERNETS ideas and re-arranged the channels, Amelie and Jet Li in HD, this forum, discovering HD with Voom. I was a HD virgin with Voom, it popped my cherry, now it's never going to call back... :(

Now I know what a chick goes through when she gets dumped by the big beefy strong motorcycle guy, and ends up with me for a while, when I was single. :(

Scott Greczkowski said:
This may sound silly, but I am going to miss the VOOM HD sideshows the most.

For some reason even though I have seen them all, I must watch each one that I bump into. For some reason I absolutely love the unnamed host of the sideshow, I love his off color and snide comments he makes as these folks do acts that should never be attempted by any sane human. :)

I would love to know who the guy is who hosts, It would be fun to do some SatelliteGuys things with him.

Everything about the sideshow was perfect, the set, the sinage, the host and card girl, even the beatnick drum player.

Thats what I will miss most. :D
I love 'em all too...er...well, all but The Dapper Tapper and that Pork Roast Pig. BTW, the host does indeed have a name. If you'll pay close attention and turn up the volume, you'll hear one of the performers refer to him by name during one of the HD Sideshows. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts