what inline signal meter

Status
Please reply by conversation.

intwoit

Original poster
Sep 25, 2009
I am new to this and I am thinking of installing a sl5 LNB and wondering what type of meter would be needed for setup or any at all.

I was concerned about setting the orientation and dithering adjustments using the receiver.

Thanks for any input.

Al

I am new to this and I am thinking of installing a sl5 LNB and wondering what type of meter would be needed for setup or any at all.

I was concerned about setting the orientation and dithering adjustments using the receiver.

Thanks for any input.

Al

An inline signal meter helps to accurately install the dish you can use the meter on the receiver but an inline meter is considered better if you need to buy a meter might be cheaper to have DirecTV come out and install the SlimLine(and they use a inline signal meter).;)

Using the meter in the receiver is possible. Have a helper at the set to read numbers through a cell phone. Make the mast plumb and carefully align the published settings to start. Work slowly. Buy a 1/2 inch wrench.

Joe

Last edited:
i've set up a couple of these with great success with Dishpointer.com. i even placed the icon right where i installed the dish on my house and it gave me accurate numbers.

The easiest thing i've done is assemble the dish on the ground with the skew & elevation applied before setting it on the mast as closely as possible. When it came time to align the dish, i used someone with a cell phone and my bluetooth headset to start & peak with 101 and (with my luck last few times) 110 and 119 should fell right into place. As long as the mast is nice and plumb (!), it should give you really good numbers when you tune the 99 & 103.

Takes a bit of patience but at least I know who to blame if i get bad pixelation on my HD stations!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts