What is a "recovery mode" on a VIP722?

Press and hold 0 on an IR remote in front of TV one. 20.0 is the best remote to do it with. For future reference.

I know you got a new 722, but the high-pitched/buzzing sound was probably the fan going bad, which is really no different than an 80mm fan in a computer when it is about to die. My 722 was being problematic and was from 2011 and was the 2nd one. They seem to last 4 to 6 years before something goes tits-up. I now have a Hopper 3 and I'm pleased with it, for the most-part except for OTA.

I know you got a new 722, but the high-pitched/buzzing sound was probably the fan going bad, which is really no different than an 80mm fan in a computer when it is about to die.

Yup. My owned 722 became very noisy and sometimes wouldn't work claiming it had overheated. I replaced the fan myself with a $12 unit from MicroCenter. Worked great until it died completely a couple of years later (and was replaced for free on the Protection Plan).

Attachments

• Borg-Virus.jpg
    Borg-Virus.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 166
Don, if you had the bad 722k open, did you happen to notice if any of the electrolytic capacitors were swollen or leaking? My ViP 211 went through the Recovery Procedure several times and I eventually bought a refurbished 211k to replace it. I opened of the failing 211 and found a blown cap near the Security card. I replaced it and the unit booted right up. I let it run for a couple of hours which was a couple of hours more than it would run before I replaced the cap.

So now I have two 211s (211 & 211k) and a 722k since I was lured to the Hopper side. Join us, Don; learn about the power of never having tuner conflicts, and the ability to watch recorded events in HD on any HDTV in your house... ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)