What is active on AMC9 C

Status
Please reply by conversation.

stanleyjohn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 25, 2010
south/central Ct,USA
I heard that PA network moved from 72 to AMC9 and maybe some feeds also are active on that satellite but i havent found anything yet! Dont know if signals are weak on AMC9 c causing me not to receive on my 6 footer.What have others been seeing on this sat?

AMC-9, C-band
PA Cbl Net. 3805 V 4166 is the only 24/7
Q 80+ @ 10 footer
Quite often there are itinerant feeds on weekends

Hi all, AMC9 is a hot spot for DVB-S2 C-band auto racing feeds on the weekends. The signal does seem to vary a lot, I can only lock about half the time I try and that's with a 10 footer. Later, DC

AMC-9 has always had active transponders . At it's current slot, it was almost completely occupied by IP/DVB (S2) transponders with UDP data, but there were 2 transponders which would have occasional video on them. When all the IP/DVB channels went away, there were still a couple data transponders, also S2 for a while, then as mentioned, it has been used for sports feeds. It was heavily used when G15 invaded AMC-11. Besides the PA-cable channel, there are still at least 5 24/7 transponders in use for data, a couple of which seem to be in some strange format that I can't lock. My Azbox locks the 3 S2 signals easily, but my TT3200 won't lock them now, although it did earlier. Not sure if my 3200 is dying or what, although it still locks the CBS S2 channels fine. Not sure why it has problems with the AMC-9 transponders. It used to lock them.

AMC-9 has always had active transponders . At it's current slot, it was almost completely occupied by IP/DVB (S2) transponders with UDP data, but there were 2 transponders which would have occasional video on them. When all the IP/DVB channels went away, there were still a couple data transponders, also S2 for a while, then as mentioned, it has been used for sports feeds. It was heavily used when G15 invaded AMC-11. Besides the PA-cable channel, there are still at least 5 24/7 transponders in use for data, a couple of which seem to be in some strange format that I can't lock. My Azbox locks the 3 S2 signals easily, but my TT3200 won't lock them now, although it did earlier. Not sure if my 3200 is dying or what, although it still locks the CBS S2 channels fine. Not sure why it has problems with the AMC-9 transponders. It used to lock them.

I was looking at the three S2 signals a few weeks ago with TSReader. I saved the IP payload and was surprised that I could play the files. They turned out to be side by side 3D demos for 3ality Digital. They have since changed the file format and I can no longer play them. Probably some type of encryption. I too have been unable to lock the two signals on Transponder 9 with SR of 13556.

Tp overload on the 9200 here, so have deleted all, except those in use here, on this sat. Must do more cleaning, startin to lock up again. BJ and Photoman, interesting??? Scott, now you got me wondering -- what did I miss after the race?

I was looking at the three S2 signals a few weeks ago with TSReader. I saved the IP payload and was surprised that I could play the files. They turned out to be side by side 3D demos for 3ality Digital. They have since changed the file format and I can no longer play them. Probably some type of encryption. I too have been unable to lock the two signals on Transponder 9 with SR of 13556.

Neat, re playing the video. I once tried via a couple methods, but couldn't get it to work. But now I can't even lock the transponders. Hopefully I'll be able to lock them again once I get my TeeVii tuner.

Re the two signals that don't lock, there are 4 similar transponders over on transponder 1 and 3 of G28. They seemed to have SRs of 13886. I tried DVB, DVB-S2, DCII, DSS, turbo-QPSK and turbo-8PSK, and couldn't lock them.
I guess they could be trellis or something proprietary.

I scanned 72W last week and got four stations on c-band. My Pansat 9200 listed one as the Carribbean Network (rbti). But I don't get sound. The other three stations were DVB-S2 channels -- WRBJ, WZRB and WAZE. I'm not impressed with Pa. Cable News (PCN). But it didn't scan anyway!

But the ku band side has the four NBC MUX channels. They're some of the best stations on fta -- notably MSNBC and the Weather Channel.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts