What is best deal for a new 7 room basic service package?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bradesp

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 21, 2005
I'm building a beach rental home and want to put basic satellite tv in each room (7 rooms).

What is the "cheapest" way to buy a package deal, including hardware and programming for a 7 room setup? Would like to avoid buying hardware. WOuld like locals if avaiable. Dish has a 4 room package at 31.95/month, but I need 7 rooms.

Also, if you think I can get a better "package deal" from dish, please let me know.

Thanks!

bradesp

The question you have to ask yourself is if you need to watch seven different things at the same time. If not then you can split the signal from a reciever to two or more televisions. You can get cones (or UHF receivers) which will turn the channels in the other room. The Dish Network dual tuner receivers work the best with this as they can have channels changed up to 200 feet away. The most popular dual tuner receivers being used are the 322 and 522 receivers with Dish Network. You even save $5 per receiver on additional outlet fees per receiver if you keep them connected to a phone line. If you need more than four rooms of independent viewing then you would have to purchase the other receivers needed.

If you really need that many TVs you are better off with non-digital (analog) cable. In your case you only want the basic channels anyway. Cable prices and availability are different everywhere so it might not be the best choice, but you should check it out. The mirroring fees for Directv would be $30 just for the extra boxes plus whatever programing package you want and then you would have to buy the extra equipment.

cable might not be my favorite choice but if you have the beach you shouldn't be watching that much tv. ;)

This is why I say if you get Dish Network and combine that with splitting some of those second tuner outputs with some tv's in which you could use your UHF remote on, you can save some money. By splitting the 322 and 522's second tuner output you get six plus only $10 in additional outlet fees.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts