What is C-Band???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
chucksrt said:
I called up a retailer for BUD and she really tried selling me against it and tried pushing Directtv instead and when I asked about the HD receivers she said that they were discontinued and would have no replacement! I am very interested in BUD now and I will probably get it for the quality of the pic. and just to spite that retailer.

Many many dealers have been doing this, to get people to switch, I no at YSP Dish Network gave a $500.00 bonus to anyone who got a client to dump big dish and take them up on the free dish offer, I think they also did this with dealers to, its very sad, the main reason they want big dish gone, is because they no that the quality is better and the price for programming is lower.

tdti1 said:
Many many dealers have been doing this, to get people to switch, I no at YSP Dish Network gave a $500.00 bonus to anyone who got a client to dump big dish and take them up on the free dish offer, I think they also did this with dealers to, its very sad, the main reason they want big dish gone, is because they no that the quality is better and the price for programming is lower.

I have installed/worked on "BUD's" and "SLD's" since the mid 1980's I still have mine running and I KNOW you CANNOT BEAT THE PICTURE COMING from a 4DTV receiver, espically with a HDD200 Hi def module attached to it.
I have watched the satellite TV industry embrace the BUD and then reject it for many reasons/excuses but BIG $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ is the main reason the BUD market has all but collasped. MOST people can get a pizza dish tacked up at their home, condo or even apartment and as houses & yards have gotten smaller and the developers/home owner associations have made many RULES about THIER PROPERTY that BUD's have been pushed out. I am NOT a DEALER for ANY specific company BUT a FREELANCE person who still works on dishes FOR THE CUSTOMERS to MAKE THEM HAPPY. I make a small ammount of money doing this as a part time business. I will do continue doing this as long as I can since I ENJOY working on Satellite Dishes.

BryanSR

BTW this was NOT intended to be an advertisement just a statement but I am here to help. If someone need help they can PM me for my Cell number....
I am in Macon, Georgia, not too far from I75 about 90 miles from Atlanta.

BryanSR

The main reason why people (including my family) won't get C-Band is:
1-I've had them use a system, and it is way too confusing to use. you have to align the dish, chose the satellite the signal is coming from, change between the analog receiver and digital receiver, and a bunch of other stuff. I can use it, just fine, but for non-technical its too confusing.
2-They will not allow a big dish in the yard, they don't even like the small dishes, but put up with them.
3 up-front cost is just too much, to get everything we would like to have in 2 rooms is too much.
3-you have got to upkeep the dish, feedhorn, and everything else outside for it work properly.
I would guess these are the main reasons for most people, why they won't get into C-Band.
I would like to see them simplify it, like cable or small dish. make is E-Z to use. Have large rebates available on the set-up, say if you sign a 1-2 year contract. provide discounts to people who want to have C-Band for two rooms, with two dishes and two receivers.
These steps would help bring C-Band back.

<<change between the analog receiver and digital receiver>>

It's one box and it does the switch auto :) now if you add a DVB unit then to some its hard to use.

I agree with all you said but the sad thing is the close to 4 000 000 people that had the big dish, just turned away from it, trashed it or like many just have a great system just sitting there not being used :( Many with big dish never even heard about the 4dtv, and dealers that told lies and jacked up prices on parts, did not help the big dish at all, but through all this for over 25 years of cable bashing bud then mini dish bashing bud, it's still there being used and offering the best quality picture I have ever seen.

A little about why the pic is so great :)
http://satellitetheater.com/C-Band World.htm

I'm Getting a BUD (YEAH!)

Well folks, I am on the prowl for a C-band dish. I think a c/ku band setup is definitely the way to go. Looking at Lyngsat.com, there is a ton of free to air programming on c-band.

Right now I have 3 fta receivers , a pansat 2500A, coship 2300B, coship 3188C. All of which are c-ku band compatible.

I have heard as stated above that c-band picture and audio quality is great.
I know that one night i found a USA network feed on intelsat america 6. interestingly enough I have USA as part of my total choice D* package.
So what i did I placed my D* receiver on USA and my Pansat 2500A on the feed on IA-6 (telstar 6 to me), and using a video switcher and switched back and forth between the feed and D*.

The picture quality from the feed was far superior to the compressed and battered signal of D*

I honostly never dreamed there would be that much difference.
:)

truckracer said:
Well folks, I am on the prowl for a C-band dish. I think a c/ku band setup is definitely the way to go. Looking at Lyngsat.com, there is a ton of free to air programming on c-band.

Right now I have 3 fta receivers , a pansat 2500A, coship 2300B, coship 3188C. All of which are c-ku band compatible.

I have heard as stated above that c-band picture and audio quality is great.
I know that one night i found a USA network feed on intelsat america 6. interestingly enough I have USA as part of my total choice D* package.
So what i did I placed my D* receiver on USA and my Pansat 2500A on the feed on IA-6 (telstar 6 to me), and using a video switcher and switched back and forth between the feed and D*.

The picture quality from the feed was far superior to the compressed and battered signal of D*

I honostly never dreamed there would be that much difference.
:)

Great news, you have everything you need, go for a dish with tight mesh holes, this is better for ku and do not get a dish under 10' if your area is bad with big atleast see if you can get a 8.5' anything smaller is a waste. You would need a box to move the dish like the 4dtv and like me I have the 2500a slaved to the 4d, I will give you a link to help you conect them and some links to where you can get a good deal on a 4d, mind you you will need a VCII+ board this slides into the 4d, and is to sub to analog channels :)

best deals on 4dtv:
www.skyvision.com (if you buy from them ask for the HDD 200 also)
http://www.callnps.com/
These guy's can give you a better deal on the NPS 4d sale:
http://www.satvsys.com/
http://mechtech.satforums.com/ (Lee is also best to get the HD DVB boxes from)

Best deals on lnb's:
www.rpssat.com
http://www.global-cm.net/

How to connect:
http://www.dmsiusa.com/add_a_receiver.htm

Ok I guess I am getting hooked here. I will never make fun of those "C-Banders" again. What really bites is that I have been offered dozens and dozens of these systems while doing E* installs. I guess I can't pick on "My little C band girl" at the office any more. :) I bet now I am on the hunt I won't get any offered to me.

LM

Well ProSat i just happen to have a spare 10' fiberglass dish, but you have to drive to northern vermont to get it ;)

I have a few :) the best thing to do is drive around if you see one ask for it. Or put an add in a local paper looking for big dish 10' good luck.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)