What is Directv's HD Future?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
launch a new sat by the end of the year and have it running early next year allowing additions of many HD channels. the directivo hd dvr is scheduled to also be released in 2010. we already have 1080p on demand. have multi room viewing up and running smoothly.

Have you seen this somewhere? I wasn't aware they announced where it is going yet.

As for 1080p, we have it for PPV movies, but none of the "channel broadcasters" are doing 1080p yet. I wouldn't be suprised if HBO or someone started 1080p in the next year or two. I think it is several years before 1080p becomes a mainstream HD.

Have you seen this somewhere? I wasn't aware they announced where it is going yet.

As for 1080p, we have it for PPV movies, but none of the "channel broadcasters" are doing 1080p yet. I wouldn't be suprised if HBO or someone started 1080p in the next year or two. I think it is several years before 1080p becomes a mainstream HD.
true. i think it would be more important to have more channels in hd for more choices in programming than to have a few of what we have now broadcast in 1080p.

just a gut feeling but i think they will put a few hd channels on for the fall tv season. they sure are moving some channels around right now. just a thought.

Actually, 1080P broadcast is in the future, but QVC claims they already have that capability. Although I don't think any providers have offered it yet. Link: ASM, Inc. QVCHD

Actually, 1080P broadcast is in the future, but QVC claims they already have that capability. Although I don't think any providers have offered it yet. Link: ASM, Inc. QVCHD

QVC :rolleyes:

Initially, QVC upconverted its standard-definition signal to a 1080i HD simulcast utilizing a 4x3 screen ratio.

On May 5, 2009, QVC began broadcasting a native 1080p HD signal, utilizing the full 16x9 screen ratio, while keeping the side panel for additional information.

So it's their normal thing with a sidebar for extra info (more sales)

Wonder how much extra QVC would have to pay to have their HD feed put up ;)

As I understand it, not a lot of networks were filming at 1080p until recently. So that could explain the slowness with broadcasting providing 1080p HD feeds (not just DirecTV, but cable companies, Uverse, etc.)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)