What is done in an audit?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
kaman said:
I misread your question...yes you need a phone that will allow uninterrupted viewing of all receivers.
Is that in the contract? IF not, then F&ck them, I wouldnt pay any of the charges for failing and cancel the service with no termination charges.

vurbano said:
Is that in the contract? IF not, then F&ck them, I wouldnt pay any of the charges for failing and cancel the service with no termination charges.

Vurbano,

Requiring a Phone Line conection to all receivers on your ACCOUNT is in the End User Agreement.

John

I'm a cell phone only customer and I've had one audit. It was pretty painless and simple. Read the numbers from the 2 receivers and they reminded me to avoid this in the future to plug them into the phone line. I nodded and told them I'd rather pay the $5 fee each month. The whole audit was less than 5 minutes. I don't have a problem with, since I'm the one breaking the End User Agreement. One call in 8 years- no big deal.

cclement said:
I'm a cell phone only customer and I've had one audit. It was pretty painless and simple. Read the numbers from the 2 receivers and they reminded me to avoid this in the future to plug them into the phone line. I nodded and told them I'd rather pay the $5 fee each month. The whole audit was less than 5 minutes. I don't have a problem with, since I'm the one breaking the End User Agreement. One call in 8 years- no big deal.

There will be a lot more people 'breaking' the EUA in the future. All my friends are on cell only and some of them have VOIP. The only people I know who still use POTS are my parents.

-Rob

kaman said:
DISH had my phone number wrong by one digit, so I never got their messages to call back. And, yup, I came home and service was disconnected. I had no clue what was going on, so I called the regular customer service # and waited forever, and then they gave me another number to call, which I had to hold as well. Had to do all three TVs without hanging up or picking up another phone. My stepson wasn't allowed to help and pick up the other phone and tell the guy the numbers either. Since I was tethered to the wall with an old fashioned phone, I yelled upstairs for my stepson to yell back the numbers so I could tell the guy. Nope couldn't do that either. I was stuck. I had to friggin' call them back on my cordless phone. Needless to say I was really pissed off over the whole ordeal.
I have been a E* sub for nearly nine years...Never connected to a phone line are three receivers...Never been contacted by the audit dept..i guess part of the reason is they always get their $$ on time...Or not..Who knows why some people get audited

dishcomm said:
I have been a E* sub for nearly nine years...Never connected to a phone line are three receivers...Never been contacted by the audit dept..i guess part of the reason is they always get their $$ on time...Or not..Who knows why some people get audited

Doesn't matter - computer picks them at random. I have had 2 audits in 75 days.

And I usually pay my bill several months in advance so it always has a credit balance.

You know it'd be a lot easier if you just got a VoIP box (vonage works) and sign up for a manhattan number (well, in that area code) - then plug your boxes into it! Then when they audit.. well they won't, since you're plugged into a phone line! Simple nuff! :)

JohnL said:
Vurbano,

Requiring a Phone Line conection to all receivers on your ACCOUNT is in the End User Agreement.

John
Thats not what I meant. Is a corded phone required by the contract? Because without one there is no way you could walk around and look at all of the recievers without changing phones or putting it down unless you have hundreds of feet of phone cord.

during audit they wil ask for the location of each receiver, ex bedroom 1, living room bedroom 2 etc. Basically first they record the location of each receiver in the house, then they will tell you to go from room to room and repeat the #s to them while they make changes to the receivers through the satellite. It doesn't matter how long have you been with dish network, or if you pay your bills on time. If you have 4 or more receivers on your account, all of them have to be connected to the phone line. If you only have a cell phone, expect Audit phone calls from dish every few months. Even if you own and live in 2 houses, according to Dish you need separate accounts for them. Otherwise they will cut you

I have all the recievers hooked to a phone line. Would I be called? Also, if I have a reciever that was replaced by a DVR and stilling in a closet gathering dust would that be a subject to an audit? Inquiring minds want to know...

BillCrates said:
I have all the recievers hooked to a phone line. Would I be called? Also, if I have a reciever that was replaced by a DVR and stilling in a closet gathering dust would that be a subject to an audit? Inquiring minds want to know...
I have three receivers, all connected to my home phone line, and was still audited.

Do they count dual tuner receivers as 1 receiver or 2? The reason I ask is this, I am upgrading to the 622 next week, and will have the 622 connected to a phone line. I have a 301 that is in my motorhome, and I will put my old 811 in our cabin for weekend use. Only the dual tuner will be hooked to the phone lines. Any problems? And, If you have an audit, what do they do about one that you haqve in a motorhome, which might not be accessable to get to the receiver to read the #'s (motorhome sits in storage when not i n use)?

vurbano said:
Thats not what I meant. Is a corded phone required by the contract? Because without one there is no way you could walk around and look at all of the recievers without changing phones or putting it down unless you have hundreds of feet of phone cord.

Doesn't matter - as a phone line is required, you would not have the audit if you were complying with the phone line requirement.

iafirebuff said:
Do they count dual tuner receivers as 1 receiver or 2? The reason I ask is this, I am upgrading to the 622 next week, and will have the 622 connected to a phone line. I have a 301 that is in my motorhome, and I will put my old 811 in our cabin for weekend use. Only the dual tuner will be hooked to the phone lines. Any problems? And, If you have an audit, what do they do about one that you haqve in a motorhome, which might not be accessable to get to the receiver to read the #'s (motorhome sits in storage when not i n use)?

If you have any that don't call in (such as the last 2 you noted) you will be audited at some time.

iafirebuff said:
Do they count dual tuner receivers as 1 receiver or 2?
It's a single receiver with two tuners so it counts as ONE.

I have a 301 that is in my motorhome, and I will put my old 811 in our cabin for weekend use.
Both of these would be in violation of the rules

Only the dual tuner will be hooked to the phone lines. Any problems?
Yes, That will greatly increase your odds of an audit.
And, If you have an audit, what do they do about one that you have in a motorhome, which might not be accessable to get to the receiver to read the #'s (motorhome sits in storage when not i n use)?
Both the receiver in your motorhome and the one in your cabin will fail the audit and be permanently disabled.

yooper.mi said:
I have three receivers, all connected to my home phone line, and was still audited.

Same here - I unplugged one for 3 weeks and got the audit, even though it was plugged back in by the time the audit took place. They gave me the speech of how I would be audited if the units were not connected to a phone line to call in.

I replied they all were and that they showed that they had called in - they checked and confirmed they had all called in that week, but the computer had already selected me for an audit based on the previous 2-3 weeks of not calling in.

I saw that D* (not E*) CFO's stated this past week that average units per sub were 2.4, so I suspect that 3 or higher is the magic number - although I believe someone stated in another thread they were audited with 1 STB.

Thanks for the info! I have had these for yers with no problems, and have been told by numerous Dish employees and CEO team there is no problem with having a receiver in a motorhome, camper, etc. Seems kinda strange that they encourage you to do it, then penalize you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)