What is everone paying COX for internet?

Nebugeater

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 8, 2003
I live in the Omaha NE market and am paying $49 for internet only. I have DISH and do not want to switch to get a bundled price. It would be $10.00 off of bundle. I have phone avaialbe too but not looked at it too much. For those of you using it for home phone, how does it work and how does the cost compair once all the fees are stacked on.

As for reliability, I can think of only one time in the last year where there was an otage that I know about and it was for a short time.

Bugeater, The cost for internet in Norman (OKC Market) is $39.95 or $49.95 if you rent the modem from Cox. Internet service drops out once in a while, but not enough to lose sleep over. Usually a modem reset solves the problem.
I have Cox telephone also. It was a little cheaper (Approx. $8.00)and seems to be more reliable than Southwestern bell.
I currently have Voom satellite service, but will be going back to Cox and their crappy HD lineup on Sat. Bundle prices are pretty good, and in the long run I will be saving money.

Sooner said:
Bugeater, The cost for internet in Norman (OKC Market) is $39.95 or $49.95 if you rent the modem from Cox. Internet service drops out once in a while, but not enough to lose sleep over. Usually a modem reset solves the problem.
I have Cox telephone also. It was a little cheaper (Approx. $8.00)and seems to be more reliable than Southwestern bell.
I currently have Voom satellite service, but will be going back to Cox and their crappy HD lineup on Sat. Bundle prices are pretty good, and in the long run I will be saving money.
Drop Cox internet, get SBC for Dish and DSL and save some money. Rumor is that Dish is making a big HD announcement Friday.

Since my wife and I are currently living with her folks temporarily, we are stuck with their cable service for now. We're paying them $35 a month for 4Mbps down and 512k up.

"Drop Cox internet, get SBC for Dish and DSL and save some money. Rumor is that Dish is making a big HD announcement Friday."

I looked into that, but after I did all the comparisons, I save about $15 by going with the Cox deluxe bundle. This includes unlimited long distance, all the other phone niceties, 4Mbps internet, and all 3 digital tiers of cable. I left the HD pack out of the comparison because they cost the same ($9.95) with the exception of the Dish mirror fees that I don't pay with Cox. Neither service is great for HD in my mind, so until there is more available I will go with the service that gives me the biggest bang for my buck.

Additionally I won't be too impressed if Dish's big announcement is locals in HD

I for one can't wait to get our own place again and get Directv reinstalled. I am missing it!!

The PQ is so much better with D*. I really miss our DTivo. I would gladly pay more per month for the cable internet if it meant me having D* again.

Since my sister in law will have cable internet I had to purchase a cable modem through COX. They offered me either a Teryon (sp?) or Motorolla Surfboard 5120 for $75 billed to us in 3 payments of $25. I picked the 5120.

I know I could have saved money by going outright and getting the modem but I didn't have the money for it at the time.

24.95 a month in OKC, have paid this for year and a half now. Signed up under a promo for phone and internet. After three months we cancelled the phone, but they did not ever raise our internet rate. Current Directv customer for our T.V. and HD. Cox in OKC does not have Fox in HD.

I was paying the same as you - $49.99, until I got the HDDVR, now it's $39.99.

I'm probably going back to analog cable for $39.99 (internet) + $9.99(basic cable).

Unless Cox seriously upgrades their HD offering they REALLY arent' worth the extra $60/mo to me.

I'm on a Dish contract, so I've only got the minimal service from Cox right now just to get HD locals and HD DVR:

$12 limited basic cable (locals, exclusive local sports channel, shopping, public access, etc.) + $9 for HD receiver (gives me locals, PBS, sports channel) + $9.95 DVR fee + $7 for "digital gateway" (which only gives me the music channels) = $37.95.

If I were to pay for full basic cable ($39.99), I would also get InHD, Universal, Discovery, and ESPN HD.

$39.95 with the phone service as a bundle. W/O phone, it's $49.95. $39.95 at 4Mbps. 5Mbps would be $49.95 with phone service. Haven't found a reason to upgrade to 5 yet.

In Orange County, California
$39.95 with the phone bundled. No cable. 4Mbps. W/o phone it's $49.95.
5Mbps is $49.95 with the phone bundled.
Haven't found a a reason to upgrade to 5Mbps.

I'm in Fredericksburg and I'm paying $54.95 for 5Mb Internet bundled with my TV service.

I test throughput on various websites (2wire, Cnet, etc.) and I'm usually in the T1 range.

We've got 2 computers hooked up, my crappy Dell laptop and my wife's Mac G5. The G5 FLIES.

$54.95/month for the premier package 5Mb/768Kb ala carte here in San Diego. The extra bandwidth is nice because of all of the devices on my network (3 computers, 1 FTP server, 3 ReplayTV DVRs, Vonage DTA, laptop, PS2)

paying 39.95 for internet service, 28.00 for telephone service, and 95.00 dollares for Cox digital cable delux/DVR/DVR Service/HD Serivce.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts