What is going to happen?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Come on guys just imagine, No satellite launch cost, very limited employees, no vans using gas and needing maintinance, no installing/uninstalling dishes, no field techs needed, no service calls, just as other industries had to react and get smarter with the advent of technology, it has finally come to the TV industry, embrace change, Even the Dish Boss sees what is happening and is adapting with NuTV, don't be the last to react or you will miss the boat.
http://adage.com/article/media/dish-leads-race-offer-online-tv-compete-cable/291996/

Vote with your wallet, we get to vote when all is said and done.
What Dish’s service will do, though, is break the pay-TV commitment to all-or-nothing subscriptions. Depending on the content and pricing Dish offers, this could be a real game-changer for consumers. For the first time, they’ll have a real choice and get to vote with their wallets.
http://247wallst.com/media/2014/06/15/are-the-rules-about-to-change-in-the-pay-tv-sector/

Except the NuTv service will have Sports like ESPN channels in them. So this will guarantee that the price of $30.00 won't stay that price. So if you get NuTv you can expect for the price to go up yearly ,just like the DISH service does. IF this NuTv was without Sports centric channels , it might stay lower , like with the DISH Welcome pack at $19.99 a month. But if you could ever have true ala cart , you would see the prices of all channels drop because they would have to compete against each other in the free market. It is the forced bundling that supports and furthers the yearly price hikes. That needs to go if ANYONE is to really save money.

Reactions: foghorn2
Is this a fact or a guess?

Both. It was announced in the Disney renewal that Dish had rights to include the main ESPN channel in their online offering along with Disney, ABC Family and ABC. So it is assumed those 4 will be included or those 3 if locals are able to broken out as a separate offering.

Reactions: Yespage
Both. It was announced in the Disney renewal that Dish had rights to include the main ESPN channel in their online offering along with Disney, ABC Family and ABC. So it is assumed those 4 will be included or those 3 if locals are able to broken out as a separate offering.
Thanks.

I knew about the Disney deal. I just didn't know whether there would be packages for NuTV, and what was included in what was still unknown.

Iv'e been skewed

it will cost about $30 a month — and, to meet that price, “we won’t sign up every [programmer] because it’s kind of a skinny down package.” He’ll target 18-to-35 year olds who don’t already buy pay TV. With its sports programming including ESPN, “short-term it’s going to skew more male, and more urban, and more apartments as opposed to homes.

No waiting for service, No install to deal with, couple of clicks and its done,
.” Since it’ll use the Internet, “you won’t have to wait for installation” and it will have an interface that’s “a little bit more user-friendly for consumers.”

http://deadline.com/2014/11/charlie-ergen-dish-streaming-comcast-sportsnetla-1201273103/

You can't eat just one and you can't have too many of a Good thing
Could it look like below?
We see what the first one NuTV will probably look like, now for the ladies we have NuTV2 featuring womans programming, and of course for the kids there is NuTV3 with you guessed it. On to NuTv4 we will be targeting...........

The family NuTv4 with a la cart channels will be most interesting in what 17 base channels are chosen.
With all of the myriad of companies that are entering this new frontier, a whole lot of eyeballs (wallets) are to be targeted.

Last edited:
Now watch the local telco/cable internet providers really crackdown on your data limits after they measure your NuTv/IpTV traffic.

Solution? $150-250/month for unlimited data. Just watch...

Satellite/traditional Cable/OTA going to too really good after all is said and done.

Reactions: bobvick
The cats out of the bag.

A couple of years ago, I would have agreed, look at the cable companies, they are already offering these small internet bundles to run over their systems and the internet at large, they were planning to try and block outsiders (satellite, utube netflix, etc., etc.) but then came the small issue of net neutrality, now if your keeping up with things you will know that thats a real hot item, then came this small issue.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/fcc-moves-ala-carte-internet-759650

A most telling comment from the FCC Chairman

Mr. Wheeler said he also hoped that the measure would spur greater competition among companies offering high-speed Internet service. “Those seeking to deploy new competitive broadband networks tell us that it’s hard to provide new high-speed Internet access without also being able to offer a competitive video package as well,” he said
http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/...uld-allow-a-la-carte-internet-video-services/

Last edited:
Now watch the local telco/cable internet providers really crackdown on your data limits after they measure your NuTv/IpTV traffic.
Maybe, maybe not. We see Dish already on it. The solution will be to create their own IPTV systems.

Though one thing that comes to mind is the rights involved. Dish needed to get streaming rights. Is there a difference between the rights AT&T Uverse has verses what Dish has acquired? Uverse is already IP (right?), but not cheap by any means.

Is NuTV, IPTV Lite?

Aaaaand their off!

All the while a jockey named Charlie on a horse currently known as NuTV has kept out front of this rigged horse race.

The industry is changing…There are about 10 big programming groups – I don’t anticipate that the cable companies, satellite companies and phone companies are going to carry the same 10 groups. It’s not going to be a marketplace where everybody has the exact same thing and it’s just about price. Some [will lean] more towards family and kids, some more toward sports, some more towards entertainment.

The ones belly aching are the ones that haven't figured it out yet.

The world is changing. Some people are going to change with it. Some people are going to be fast followers. And some people are going to figure it out after somebody tells them what they should be doing
http://deadline.com/2014/11/dish-ne...loss-cnn-turner-channels-nonevent-1201273061/

I have deleted a post containing comments directed at another poster. Do not post any more such comments or further actions will be taken. Thank you.

Reactions: Mr Tony
The humor in this thread is amazing.

I assume its humor or a whole lot of people are just talking thought their hats.

Reactions: ChadT41
Hats off to Charlie
This guy never ceases to amaze me with his so far ahead thinking, can't wait to see what echostar shows up with "CES2015?"
Already leapfrogged the below comments

.When Charlie Ergan was developing Dish Network he wanted to be able to deliver any thing and every thing in a way that customers only got what they want---his dream was a dish in every home..but with transponder space being a premium and the content providers (read big cable) fighting him every step of the way that will remain unrealized.Roku on the other hand with the limitless content of the Internet and the ease of delivery along with the hard work of channel developers and the roku team can do what Charlie dreamed of and "A Roku in every home" scares the cable providers because once you cut the cord you rarely go back.
http://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?p=307466&sid=dfa4a20c0951478cc9fcbabb97685a29

I have been coming here for 8+ years. I did not say anything that anyone else was not thinking. I do not appreciate being censored. If I wanted that I would go to DBS Talk. I have been a pub member for years, but this place is getting more and more like DBS Talk, If you want to censor, just close the thread. I did not start anything, you are letting a flamer that has 200 post go on and on, and censoring a dues paying member that has over 1,500 posts and has been a member for over 8 years, over a trouble maker that has been a member for a year. I do NOT appreciate it. I certainly do not appreciate your attitude and your threat either. I have never been sanctioned in 8 years, and if you want to censor, just close the thread, I am not the troublemaker. Scott should send you to DBS Talk
It is all cool, relax a little.

There were different approaches to how you could have said what was removed, without it being removed. Just takes a little more tact and a little less up front in-the-faceness.

We need to face the reality that the majority of us in this thread (myself included) just aren't ready for the truths Lue is putting forth. Maybe one day we will be, and when we are, we will all hold hands and sing songs... and stuff.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts