What is good signal? (by the numbers)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

doug4772

SatelliteGuys Family
Jul 31, 2007
Lewistown, PA
What is considered to be a great signal when viewing the signal strength on the HR23?

I am in the upper 90's almost all transponders. E* used a different scale than DTV. What is the highest number on their scale?

Thanks,
Doug

Good signal is where it hardly ever drops below 60 even when its raining cats and dogs or snowing at a good clip. In places where it never snows and rarely rains that hard, signals in the 70's might be 'good'. Aside from weather interferences, anything that gives you a lock is fine.

You may find that certain signal levels, especially from spot beams where you're on the outer edge of the 'beam' may seem rather low by comparison to other transponders on other sats.

Picture drops out around 40. The numbers change all the time. Missing numbers (transponders) is a symptom. They should all be high...like 90s and all about the same. Missing channels is a problem caused by missing transponders.

Joe

Directv robots, I mean, front line reps, say anything over 60 is good. When it was severely raining at my location, some of my signals dropped to the high 30's, and everything still worked.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)