What is it with some people??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Likvid

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 16, 2004
Now Home Owners Association is again in conflict with a neighbor that got his antenna up.

What's the deal? let people do what they want, there are more important things in life than being upset by a antenna.

It's so funny...and federal laws protects him, they can't do sh*t. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aC_EeWSKJII

The old lady at the end pissed me off, with her comment that he should move to another country.

No lady YOU should move to another country, the reason this country was founded was to get away from nutjobs like her. Some people like to forget that this is supposed to be the land of the free.

God bless the man who put that antenna up.

I suspect that most of the time the antenna police prevail because the targeted individual is either:

• unaware of their rights
  • is aware but does not want to make trouble
  • is aware, would not mind making trouble, but lacks the time to deal with it

People attracted to such offices are probably much like the Vogons in Douglas Adams' books - "Not actually evil, but bad-tempered, bureaucratic, officious, and callous...They don't think, they don't imagine, most of them can't even spell, they just run things."

aaaw seeing that makes me miss my old 3 element tri-bander (had to ditch it after my divorce), man that sucker would smoke when I turned on the linear and pumped about 600 watts through it....but i digress.

I hope he keeps his antenna up.

No only is he a licensed HAM operator, he has helped with national disasters.

I can't, ABSOLUTELY CAN'T, stand homeowners associations. We had one when we lived in Indiana and it drove us to sell our house.

One of the reasons we moved into our new home here is because it was in one of the few neighborhoods that doesn't have an HOA.

If I wanted to put up a big antenna or a big wind turbine, as long as it passes city ordnance, I'll do it.

Those ladies, especially the one at the end of the video, can kiss my ass.

Fortunately the ARRL (American Radio Relay League) aggressively helps hams with this problem, So I am sure they will help him out if needed. I think they need to worry about RFI more than looking at the antenna...I used to say I was going to get an award for "working all televisions". Although if I was him (and had that kind of money) I would have moved to the country and spent the extra money on a 190' tower.

Oh and I hate HOA's myself...we own a painting company and have to deal with HOA BS all the time (we once got fined for working to late in a neighborhood), we even have one customer right now that has been waiting over a month to get approved to paint the house the same color.

The ARRL is down the street from my house. Infact I drive by W1AW every day going to work. :)

No I have never stopped in to run W1AW as I don't have my ticket.

Scott Greczkowski said:
The old lady at the end pissed me off, with her comment that he should move to another country.

i think she said move OUT to the country, meaning a farm or something like that. and to tell you the truth i would not want to look at that everyday. we spent time and money to make our house look nice. our backyard is nice, alot of landscaping, water features ect. i love to grill out there, relax and have friends over. while doing that i would not like that eyesore in my veiw. i think i am a voice of one on that! lol

I think they should let it alone. And, anyone who doesn't want to look at it, can turn their heads, or move themselfs to the country, or out of the country for that matter! And not just there, but everywhere!

Al

That antenna looked like a beautiful site to me. Just like when I see somebody with a 10ft satellite dish - I think it looks pretty cool, and I'd like to stop in and see what they've got for electronics on the other end of the wire...

its funny its always the women complaining didn't see any of their husbands or any of the men of the neighborhood complaining

Scott Greczkowski said:
The ARRL is down the street from my house. Infact I drive by W1AW every day going to work. :)

No I have never stopped in to run W1AW as I don't have my ticket.

You know its very easy to get a license these days...wink wink nudge nudge ;)

I never thought of a dish on the front or backyard or anywhere around your house is an eyesore :eek:

In the contrary I think it is a sign of intelligence and forward thinking. Why, well, the benefits over cable are countless. Not to forget it is cheaper. DN for example, has a $19.99/mon plan for new subscribers with 80 channels and free HDTV receiver (VIP211). I don't think cable can touch that :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah i hate people who wants to force other people to live the same life and everyone drives the same car, same painting on the houses, they all say the same thing, what a great nutty family they all are in those communities.

I hope he puts up 100 antennas, 10 spotlights and paints his house purple with pink polka dots, then maybe the HOA will drop dead from shock. :)

I had a Winegard 10ft dish back in 1991 i bought new, we had a big property to the house and neighbors at each side.

I installed it behind the garage and everytime i worked on the antenna and the neighbor came home from work to pick up his mail he asked me some stupid questions like "Do you really need a big dish like that?" "What need do you have for that when everyone else got smaller dishes"

I told him it was my hobby but he didn't understand how it could be hobby.

He was to chicken to ask me straight but i know he would have liked me to put the dish down as he thought it was a eyesore.

WyldCherry said:
its funny its always the women complaining didn't see any of their husbands or any of the men of the neighborhood complaining

Bingo :)

Just don't tell these women that Ham ops can cause RFI, otherwise they'll start accusing him everytime their cable goes out or their DirectTV gets rain fade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts