What Is Most Important to You in a FTA Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Once it's pointed at a specific satellite make all the menus default to that satellite automatically. You can't tell me the doggone thing can't remember where it just moved the dish to.

That is a real pet peeve in this household also on a couple of receivers!

Excellent point!

I'm still looking for a receiver with an extra sensitive tuner, you need one of those when your using a smaller dish. Also a receiver that can remember your menu settings would be a plus too! :-D

Been pleased with the Micro HD, just wish it could be able to get the SEC Network through a subscription! When one does not have WI FI or in house Internet, what else is a Receiver good for, except receiving all channels out there legal? Would not mind being able to Bluetooth from phone to receiver! As of right now, i get SEC Network to my phone for $25 a month, sure not going to pay Direct or Dish for it! Being able have a mini SD card slot to record to & take to play on phone would be nice!

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

As some have mention before , plain receiver I still use my Fortect Star Lifetime Classic great setup simple no bugs from the box had it for about 10 years has not failed simple to use no bugs . Most new receivers have too many bugs . Just have HD.
Thanks

Look at the Geosat microHD, and you see what I wanted -- and I still have and use when I am running. It is tiny and fits in the motor home. It is 12VDC so it goes with my LCD-LED TV and does not require an inverter. Do I need more? Not so far.
I think I left it on one transponder and the clock kept time as long as the uplinker set the clocks. I got one of the first ones and have had no problems - although as I said it has not had much use in the last couple of years.
My main challenge has been coax failing because of the wind and heat, and the wind on the dishes - and that has improved since I got some walls up. But that does mean 2 or more C band dishes...,

Reactions: KE4EST
Clone the Geosat MicroHD. Add a "lock on channel" light.

Perhaps upgrade the remote control, as I am wearing the button labels thin using it... Wish I had purchased two of the MicroHD's. The CLOSED CAPTION feature is excellent for my diminished hearing.

Reactions: danristheman
Clone the Geosat MicroHD. Add a "lock on channel" light.

Perhaps upgrade the remote control, as I am wearing the button labels thin using it... Wish I had purchased two of the MicroHD's. The CLOSED CAPTION feature is excellent for my diminished hearing.

...and ADD a CLOCK that actually keeps TIME!

I love my MicroHD, but I have to adjust time every week or so, as I do extensive recording every single day.

I did own two of them, but sold the second one as keeping up with the first one was enough for me. It's a workhorse, and you can't beat the picture.

One item I would want in a FTA receiver is one that when you blind scan in a satellite that it allows you to do so by polarity and inserts those channels the way it is scanned in.
Some receivers scan in channels by frequency irregardless of polarity and that makes viewing channels a hassle for those who do not have an LNBF.

Reactions: stargaze
What would you like to see?

I would like to see a return to the time like when Brian released a receiver and had it tested by several FTA enthusiasts before having it dumped onto the public.
The Geosat MicroHD was and still is a very good receiver, however, times are changing and now there is 4k up there and many part time 4k sports signals are up there so we are missing out on a lot of things some would like to be able to see.
If someone was to build upon what is in the Micro HD and upgrade things from there that should be a fine receiver.
Make it a real quad core receiver this time! :what

Reactions: N6BY
I would like to see a return to the time like when Brian released a receiver and had it tested by several FTA enthusiasts before having it dumped onto the public.
The Geosat MicroHD was and still is a very good receiver, however, times are changing and now there is 4k up there and many part time 4k sports signals are up there so we are missing out on a lot of things some would like to be able to see.
If someone was to build upon what is in the Micro HD and upgrade things from there that should be a fine receiver.
Make it a real quad core receiver this time! :what
And name it the "MicroUHD".

Look at the Geosat microHD, and you see what I wanted -- and I still have and use when I am running. It is tiny and fits in the motor home. It is 12VDC so it goes with my LCD-LED TV and does not require an inverter. Do I need more? Not so far.
I think I left it on one transponder and the clock kept time as long as the uplinker set the clocks. I got one of the first ones and have had no problems - although as I said it has not had much use in the last couple of years.
My main challenge has been coax failing because of the wind and heat, and the wind on the dishes - and that has improved since I got some walls up. But that does mean 2 or more C band dishes...,

The MicroHD is a great little receiver. No frills and it works like a champ!. I like the size and mine is on 24/7 pumping out glorious HD. Wish I had bought 2 at the time.

RPS Satellite is legit and I have known Roger for many years. Great guy and excellent customer service. I am certain that the STBs are the real deal. RPS also carries Titanium Satellite products.

Brian, if one was to get another micro hd is it possible / easy to clone it from the one you already have so they would both be the same?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts