What is on the 77 EA Satellite?

DialgaChampion

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 27, 2015
New York
Maybe someone can clear this up for me, since I'm confused...

When I look at this page... http://www.satelliteguys.us/thelist/index.php?search=dn77&sub=true

I see a bunch of SD-only channels like TVLand, POP, Boom, etc. that are associated with the 77 satellite. Page says it was last updated May 21, 2016.

Yet to contradict that page, when I tune my actual Hopper into those SD channels, and then I hit the info button on the remote, at the bottom of the screen, it shows satellite 61.5.

So, is that link above incorrect? In short, I just want to make sure that getting a Hybrid EA LNB with 61.5/72 won't result in me losing the above channels, since obviously the Hybrid doesn't have 77.

Maybe someone can clear this up for me, since I'm confused...

When I look at this page... http://www.satelliteguys.us/thelist/index.php?search=dn77&sub=true

I see a bunch of SD-only channels like TVLand, POP, Boom, etc. that are associated with the 77 satellite. Page says it was last updated May 21, 2016.

Yet to contradict that page, when I tune my actual Hopper into those SD channels, and then I hit the info button on the remote, at the bottom of the screen, it shows satellite 61.5.

So, is that link above incorrect? In short, I just want to make sure that getting a Hybrid EA LNB with 61.5/72 won't result in me losing the above channels, since obviously the Hybrid doesn't have 77.
That part of the 77 satellite is aimed for Mexico. Those channels for the US are, indeed, on 61.5...

If your dish is the one with an lnb that includes 77W, you would automatically receive the SD channels from 77W in the event the SD on 61.5W became unavailable. The default is 61.5W so normally you would never see 77w.

Reactions: the mack
If your dish is the one with an lnb that includes 77W, you would automatically receive the SD channels from 77W in the event the SD on 61.5W became unavailable. The default is 61.5W so normally you would never see 77w.
When the receiver does it scans it always starts low to high. So all the channel allocations of 61.5 will override 77 degrees since they are downloaded first I wish this could be different but that's the way Dish has the receiver software set up

As a mobile RV'er, I've been in several locations where I could only find a hole through the trees big enough to get 72.7 and 77, but not 61.5 with our 1000.4 dish. Having most of the same channels available on both sats was very useful in those situations.

Reactions: pattykay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts