What is the $5 PROGRAMMING ACCESS FEE?

Well that fee is now $6 so I don't think that's it.

Do you have a 2 room receiver without a phone line hooked up, cause that could be the fee...

I have a dual-tuner receiver that is not connected to a phone line, and my bill also shows a $6.00 additional receiver fee. But then what is the $5.00 programming access fee?

Ok then those fee's are correct.

$5 for no phone line
$6 for leasing the receiver

I called and the person I talked to told me that the first reciever was free than each one was five dollars and the HD reciever was six dollars. Seems like they would like you to take more programing and not charge the fees. Later Boneman

Boneman said:
I called and the person I talked to told me that the first reciever was free than each one was five dollars and the HD reciever was six dollars. Seems like they would like you to take more programing and not charge the fees. Later Boneman
My first reciever is my HD.

Last edited:
Do a test on the receiver to see if there is a problem with the phoneline. Press MENU, 6, 3, Connection to see if it detects a dialtone.

FreddyvsJasonvsAsh said:
a phone is not needed so they shouldn't charge people...DirecTV got in trouble for it why not Dish?

The difference is, Dish doesn't charge you to not have the phone line connected. For their dual tuner receivers they WAIVE the second tuner fee (sometimes called a mirror fee) on these boxes if you plug in the phone line.

lakebum431 said:
The difference is, Dish doesn't charge you to not have the phone line connected. For their dual tuner receivers they WAIVE the second tuner fee (sometimes called a mirror fee) on these boxes if you plug in the phone line.
You sound to me as PG&E request to pay for each power jack or Comcast for each TV set . Ridiculous ! Dish spent additional $20 for a few components in dual tuner, but force to pay customer forever for it.

They aren't forcing you to pay for it. Basically everyone has access to either a phone line or to the internet. So you can either plug in the receiver with the regular phone line or get a free VOIP service. Either way there is no fee assessed.

FreddyvsJasonvsAsh said:
a phone is not needed so they shouldn't charge people...DirecTV got in trouble for it why not Dish?
Because DirecTV was saying that it was required, and they would charge people to run phone lines for them.

With Dish, it's not "required", but if you want your bill to be $5 less a month, you can just plug it in.

teamerickson said:
Intresting. I have my phone line connected (caller ID enabled). I emailed dish for an answer. Hopefully they get back to me soon.
call them and let them know the receiver is connected to a phone line..The billing fore the phone connection fee should stop....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)