What is the benefit of connecting Joeys to my home network also?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Rangers484

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 21, 2007
Palmyra, Virginia, United States
Just upgraded to 2H/2J and Joey's connected via coax. To the more experienced users, what features or benefits would there be to getting them connected via Ethernet or wireless over coax

None other than freeing up the coax cable or using the Joey wirelessly. Otherwise the Joeys can get their Internet connection via the coax.

It would have to be originally setup and authorized via coax, but yes it would work over wireless. That is not a supported way of connecting it and you won't be able to get any troubleshooting from Dish doing it that way.

Ok. Thanks for the responses. Now as I play with my Hoppers more I discovered bridging is possible.

Both of my Hoppers have a wireless internet adapter and are connected directly to my network. Neither of my Joeys show a broadband connection and bridging is not enabled (yet).

What will enabling bridging on the Hopper that is linked to the Joey's accomplish? Will bridging connect and override the wireless adapter on the 2nd Hopper eliminating the need for that wireless adapter?

I'm still not clear on why a Joey connected via coax would need an internet connection.

Thanks for your patience if I am being overly dense about this.

Ok. Thanks for the responses. Now as I play with my Hoppers more I discovered bridging is possible.

Both of my Hoppers have a wireless internet adapter and are connected directly to my network. Neither of my Joeys show a broadband connection and bridging is not enabled (yet).

What will enabling bridging on the Hopper that is linked to the Joey's accomplish? Will bridging connect and override the wireless adapter on the 2nd Hopper eliminating the need for that wireless adapter?

I'm still not clear on why a Joey connected via coax would need an internet connection.

Thanks for your patience if I am being overly dense about this.

Bridging enabled passes the full ip to the joey so you can use Pandora, Facebook and home media Sharing. With bridging enabled, you can't need the wifi adapter on the other hopper.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)