What is the best band & channel for the 622 TV2?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

slacker9876

Professional Amatuer
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 20, 2004
Spokane, WA
Morning all,
I am curious to know what folks here are using for modulation on their second TV's Mine is set to air on ch 60 and my picture is a little dark even though I had just run Spyder-TV on the and it looked great before.

Curious if moving to the cable band (from air) and 70+ channel range will improve the quality. The dish installer did say my 24" Sony had the best backhaul he had ever seen ... I want it better, just a little.

Thanks!

If you are mixing it with OTA channels, use OTA, cable, use cable.

The lower the channel the less line loss.

If you are not mixing the modulated output with OTA or cable, use the lowest channels possible.

I use 23 for TV1 and 26 for TV2 because I have OTA channels at 22,24,25,27,28,30,32,34,35,39...

I found above 35 the signal degrades greatly over distance.

Jim5506 said:

If you are not mixing the modulated output with OTA or cable, use the lowest channels possible.

I use 23 for TV1 and 26 for TV2 because I have OTA channels at 22,24,25,27,28,30,32,34,35,39...

I never thought about it, but I will try this at home tonight. My Tv2 was defaulted to something like 73. And while the downrezzed hd looks decent, I have never been really happy with what I am getting.

I think it has more to do with the tuner on the tv you are sending signal to. I use 30 and 60, have it going to three different tv's. Either channel looks good on two of the sets and on the third, nothing really makes it look any better.

slacker9876 said:
Morning all,
I am curious to know what folks here are using for modulation on their second TV's Mine is set to air on ch 60 and my picture is a little dark even though I had just run Spyder-TV on the and it looked great before.

Curious if moving to the cable band (from air) and 70+ channel range will improve the quality. The dish installer did say my 24" Sony had the best backhaul he had ever seen ... I want it better, just a little.

Thanks!
Since the reciever is essentially broadcasting the tv 2 signal though the out put and is subject to terrsetrial interference, the best solution I have found is to use a channel that is as far away from other broadcast channels in the area..The lower the channel the better..Lower channels are broadcast on lower frequencies..Lower frequency chs are not subject to as much interfernce as higher freq chs..
For example..Here in my DMA the biggest gap betwen channels is between chs 18 and 30..I have found that setting the mod to ch 24 works best...Check your local listings..

Jim5506 said:

Good info on the lower line loss for the lower channels. Not realizing that, I selected channel 37. My logic was that since that is an unassigned channel there was less chance of signal problems with an OTA mix. On my setup the picture is pretty good. If it degrades, I will search out a lower channel!

Cheers!
Red

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)