What is the best C positioner ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lassar

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jul 16, 2007
Illinois
I am thinking a getting a C - band motor positioner.

I am wanting my Mpeg2 receiver to control my satellite dish.

What the best one to get for this.

It should be able to control a motorize polarizer.

Dish uses a lnb. Lnbf will not fit on the center pole.

-

Last edited:
overview:

Well, there are Vboxes.. ..
If you look back through the posts for many years, they were adequate.
The later models were down right junk.
The most recent, I don't know. Too little info on it.
The confusingly similarly named Gbox V3000 from Sadoun has one extra feature (see our review).
It counts both on the switch make, and the break. (close and open)
So, it counts double as your dish sweeps across the sky, and can stop at twice as many locations.

Problem is, neither will control your feedhorn servo.
Over the last coupe of years, several members have discussed and built an adapter which will swing the servo to H or V based on voltage run up to the LNB.
So far, nobody has commercialized the idea.

The dual output C-band LNBF from SatelliteAV has found pretty good popularity.
Not sure if our search engine on the forum will let you find "C2", since it is so few letters, but that's the name of the LNBF.

Another C-band only solution, is an orthomode feed.
Single banders can be equipped with two C-band LNBs for around $75-80, with very aggressive shopping.
Unfortunately, dual-band ortho feeds go new for closer to $200, plus all the LNBs.

edit:
Dish uses a lnb. Lnbf will not fit on the arm.
Members here put non-factory feeds on Birdviews.
To do so, they need to ream out the hole in the stock scalar.
"Will not fit" is not in our vocabulary. ;)

Last edited:
I had a Vbox 6 that was working great, but then it died. I believe the transformer fried. I hope the rest of the components are okay, as I am looking for a replacement transformer.

The customer service was not helpful. They basically said buy a new one.

I have not tired a Gbox, but heard they are better quality.

well you can do what I do, I use this old Echostar analog receiver as my dish positioner and for controling the servo motor of the feedhorn. Im sure you can find one for cheap on EBAY or maybe a member here has one spare and is willing to give it away!

I know this isn't any help but my best dish positioner is a 3/8 drive ratchet wrench with a 13/16" 12 point socket. My dish is fixed so I pulled the motor off and use the socket to turn the worm shaft whenever I need to tune the dish, this is the Ghetto positioner! LOL

I had a dish you had to got outside in the cold to adjust...it worked but that gets tiring after a while. I like the Gbox had one since last fall no problems on my 8 foot Fortec. I use it as a stand a lone box. Blind

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)