What is the best equipment?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Wiggin78

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 4, 2005
Redding, CA
I am going to switch back to D* but don't want to pay for the equipment. D* already offered us a $250 programming credit so now I just need the equipment. I am going to do the install myself because our house is already wired for satellite. So what I want to know is what is a good HD receiver that I can pick up on eBay for under $200. I have seen a few between $130 and $180 so I know they are out there. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. :)

Here is the thread already discussing exactly that.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=63408

I think Robert listed the new D* branded box #1 because it is the CURRENT model, but I would look very carefully at those ebay auctions for fine print, shipping and handling charges (never more than $20) item condition and accessories lost, and the user's feedback ratings. I would also say expect to spend more than $200 on a REALLY good box unless some goofs and you get a super deal which I hope you get!

I just switched today and they offered me an HD receiver for $100, HD service 1/2 off for six months, and up to $20 off of their premium channel lineup for six months. I was with D* a year and a half ago and only went to E* because they offered local channels before D* in the Mobile/Pensacola area. Now I have a loacal channel LNB issue with E* and they want me to pay for the LNB plus a technician fee of $49.95. Just sell me the LNB and I can change it...they lost my business as of today.

Wiggin78 said:
I am going to switch back to D* but don't want to pay for the equipment. D* already offered us a $250 programming credit so now I just need the equipment. I am going to do the install myself because our house is already wired for satellite. So what I want to know is what is a good HD receiver that I can pick up on eBay for under $200. I have seen a few between $130 and $180 so I know they are out there. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. :)

I have an HD reciever and OTA antenna plus triple LNB for sale:

I paid 425.00 from DTV. I would like to sell for around 300.00

THe receiver is A RCA DTC210.

I just bought the Zenith HD-SAT520 on Ebay for $220 shipped. I am going to do the install myself and was wondering if it is very difficult?

i ordered zenith hd-sat520 from valueelectronics last week told them i was
a member here i did not get a discount! :confused:

Sorry, just on a very few items, we can't extend any additional SatelltieGuys member discounts. The Zenith HD-SAT520 is one of the items that are priced at net.

You will love the receiver. I wish I could get 1,000 more, but we purchased all of LG's refurbished LSS-3200As and HD-SAT520s and we and LG have none left.

-Robert

Thanks Robert, but D* over nighted me a new card at no charge since i am a returning customer. If I upgrade to HD Tivo in the future I will definitly give you guys a call. Thanks.

I ordered a Zenith HD-SAT520 from value electronics friday, It must of been one of there last ones. I had a Dish 811 before I went to Voom. The SAT520 is why I went to D*. Should be here any day, can't wait to get it.

This receiver works great. The Seller has one left so if anyone is looking for a good deal this is it. It comes with One For All remote control that is pretty nice except for a couple stiff buttons. Now that we are back with D* we couldn't be happier...well Tivo would be nice. :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)