What is the best LNBF for Ku?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Its GOT to be Invacom, plus they are GOLD sponsors here at SatelliteGuys.US

They are the BEST LNB's I have ever used, quality reliability and warranty/guarantee!

I would agree, i have the qph031 and it works great. Got it from one of the gold sponsors above. There are several different models. This one fit my need and probably future expansion, Its big ,bulky and mean :)

Another vote for the QPH-031. Its versatile, sensitive, and allows you to get both DBS and Ku birds with the LNBF optimally located where it belongs (in the center of the dish) :)

Its great for use in the United States, since the Ku portion is standard, L.O. 10750, allowing the use of a 22k 4 x 4 multiswitch!

I had a QPH031 but the weight of it kept screwing up my signals (the weight pulled on the bracket which kicked my LNB off the focal point). This is with a Winegard 76cm dish.

If you don't want to spend the money on a QPH, I use a Sadoun .4 dual LNB. Works really well. I attached a DBS LNB next to it for the few free DBS channels. Yes its off by 5 degrees but the DBS LNB was free :)

If you want a DSS/KU (ie Circular and Lineaer LNBF in one), then the QPH-031 is the one to get. Keep in mind this is a heavy LNBF and your dish must have a solid LNBF arm.

If you want a Standard LNBF that is of high quality and good performance, I would recommend the Sadoun KUL1 or KUL2.

If you want a UNIVERSAL LNBF, then I would recommend the Fortec FSKUv

A quality LNBF will have Low Noise Figure and Low Frequency Drift (measured by L.O. Freq Stability).

Spec for above LNBFs: L.O. Frequency Stability: (+25°C) +/- 1 MHz

qph031 is the best out there for getting both dbs and ku.... but, as mentioned it's big and slightly heavy (has 4 lines out, two linear and 2 circular)... I too had problems with it falling off the arc due to the heavyness, but after doing a weekend or two of playing with the dish, got that issue fixed good by sturdying the dishes mount a lot more than is probably necessary. I have one of Sadoun's roof mounts (the one that's suppossed to always end up being plumb), but it kept falling off of plumb slightly due to weight of the lnb/sg2100, etc. I put a couple of screws in the roof and used some copper wire, tied wire to the screws and the other end to the pole. After a while, got it nice and as plumb as plumb can be. Since it's copper, it's starting to rust a bit, so I'll probably get out there someday and put some electric tape around the wires to make it less rust-prone and/or use some new wire of some sort that's less rust prone.

Also, to keep lnb itself from falling, I have some wadded up electrical tape under it, and that's taped up to the arm. May look bad, but I'm tracking the arc better than ever nowadays.

qph031 is nice, just know that before you buy it that on a smaller dish, you will need to rig up the dish to be a little sturdier than as if you put it up with no extra support.

Another vote for the Great Invacom quad. Even though heavy, I think I now have better signal strengths to the linear birds. I think the 0.3 makes a difference. I had to readjust the dish slightly when replacing the LNB to this beast.

I am using a Invacom and a Sadoun KUL1. Both are excellent.

Yes the Invacom was heavy but works fine on the new dish which has arm supports. :)

Yep Scott. Your Fortec 120cm dish should hold it fine :D

Attachments

• 100cm-6.jpg
    100cm-6.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 369
you might also consider a dish upgrade, guys what gain would someone see going from a 80cm fortec to the 100 or even the 120 ?? would it be worth it ??

i'm using the primestar round but its big enough to hold that big lnb out there, just like the bigger fortec's (have arms to hold a heavy lnb)

Last edited:
you might also consider a dish upgrade, guys what gain would someone see going from a 80cm fortec to the 100 or even the 120 ?? would it be worth it ??

i'm using the primestar round but its big enough to hold that big lnb out there, just like the bigger fortec's

Hi George,

I would go for the 120cm. Looks like there is talk of people using c-band feedhorn to get c-band birds on an offset KU dish (i.e. 120cm).

i'm using the primestar round but its big enough to hold that big lnb out there, just like the bigger fortec's

Fortec Antenna gain..........

80cm = 38.24 dB

100cm = 41.02 dB

120cm = 43.32 dB

I have to add another nod to the QPH-031. On my motorized 90cm, it has worked like a champ vs. my fortec .04 lnb with a directv circular strapon at a 4 degree offset. Makes programming the recvrs a lot easier without having to deal with the offset on a motor, because the QPH has it all built into one!

I was having trouble picking up channels this morning... so I went out side and wiped all the rain off the dish, and lnbf.... and when I came back in I had great reception again. So I thought maybe the lnbf had trouble with rain fade. :confused:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts