What Is the Best Way to Get HR20-700?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

qdaddyo

Original poster
Jan 5, 2006
I live in the LA area, and just called DirecTV. According to the person, I spoke to, they have no knowledge of the release of this unit.

For those of you who were able to order the unit, can you please let me know the steps you took to do so?

Also, I purchased the HR10-250 (HD DVR) in 01/06. Is this going to help or hurt me price-wise?

qdaddyo said:
I live in the LA area, and just called DirecTV. According to the person, I spoke to, they have no knowledge of the release of this unit.

For those of you who were able to order the unit, can you please let me know the steps you took to do so?

Also, I purchased the HR10-250 (HD DVR) in 01/06. Is this going to help or hurt me price-wise?

Supposedly you can go to this thread http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=61862 , click on the button in the last post and get up on a list for it. But be forewarned. 1/2 the machine doesnt work. both OTA tuners are disabled.

ota tuners will be enabled in a software release.

the supposed reason behind it is, is its being released in 5-lnb areas first, so why do you need the tuners.

yeah. that makes sense

thankyouforcallingdtv said:
ota tuners will be enabled in a software release.

the supposed reason behind it is, is its being released in 5-lnb areas first, so why do you need the tuners.

yeah. that makes sense

what??? you can't be serious about the tuners:confused:

thankyouforcallingdtv said:

Because D* offers only 4 channels of HD or digital locals, and with my OTA antenna I get 31. Plus the 4 that they currently give me are very pixielized at times, with my OTA signals having a lot better PQ.

Go to Best Buy. I was there yesterday in Skokie, IL and it was selling for $399. The HR10-250 was reduced to $99. I don't know if they are widely available but I certainly saw one yesterday.

Jim

Jimzo said:
Go to Best Buy. I was there yesterday in Skokie, IL and it was selling for $399. The HR10-250 was reduced to $99. I don't know if they are widely available but I certainly saw one yesterday.

Jim

A HR20 spotted in a Best Buy in IL? Wanna pick one up for me? :D

Defantely get it from Robert, you will get it a long time before any other lists. :)

Please support those who support us!

DTV TiVo Dealer said:
The national roll-out is sometime between 9/13 and 9/18. If you want one earlier and also save $100. go to my site.

-Robert

Do existing HR 10 owners still have to pony up the $300? Or is that for new customers only?

dnyce said:
Do existing HR 10 owners still have to pony up the $300? Or is that for new customers only?

HR10-250 upgrades will be accommodated by DIRECTV directly on an as available basis through their Home Services Providers.

-Robert

PoitNarf said:
I'd prefer a definite yes or no :p

Well I placed the order anyway. Crossing my fingers.

You have a definite yes. And you will receive it very soon as we have arranged for simultaneous east and west cost fulfillment.

-Robert

Jimzo said:

Jim

Damn, wish I'd seen this post before I went to BK for lunch (BB is better for my diet anyway :))

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts